Hey guys, I'm sitting here on a slightly coldish Autumn evening (actually it's an unseasonably warm 19 degrees celsius) at the end of the world feeling a little frustrated. I am hoping someone can help out or at least give me a false sense of security/reassurance. I appreciate this may not be a topic for the forums but not sure where else to go with this to be honest.

So the frustration is because I applied for pundit status in early Feb (2nd of Feb) and so far have not heard anything back (other than confirmation of application email). I had all these hopes of running a launch event for the Falconers and getting in a couple of small tournies as well. I sent an email to the generic SF games feedback address and they responded within 24 hours basically saying to wait I'll hear back soon, that was over a month ago now.

We only have 2 pundits in New Zealand (which, fun fact is geographically bigger than England), and they are both located in the same city at the top end of the country. There is not much of a national scene and I would like to change that. Especially given that we have some decent local players. One of my weekly opponents came 2nd at worlds last year after winning the Aussie Nationals, and another just came back from the states where he came 3rd (albeit thanks to the bye).

For all the pundits out there, how long did it take for you to get a response etc? If any of you are able to help with my frustration that would be great.

I don't mind if it is a sorry we don't need you as a pundit right now response, or even a you suck and got all the answers wrong response, I would just like some sort of response I guess.

So frustration vented for now...

I appreciate being a pundit can help with getting launch packs, but you know it has no impact on your ability to run tournaments right? 

You don’t need a little badge or a garish t-shirt to be allowed to promote your hobby or run a tournament - I have run several, without going anywhere near applying to be a pundit!

I bet your northern pundits would even sort you out with the tournament packs and whatnot. 

TL:DR - I’m sure your pundit status will be verified or whatever the term is eventually, but don’t let it stop you promoting the hobby in the mean time! 

Neil

I'd second that. I've run a couple of guild ball events in association with my local gaming store and i have no intention of being a pundit. Getting the game on tables and people in the local area seeing it is helping grow guild ball in my area. Keep at it man. Pundit or not if you want to push the game you can be effective in its growth in your area. 

Yeah agree and I have run demos at conventions and tournies etc and we ran a league a while back. It will make things easier for me to break through the "life boss" barrier etc and motivate me to do more in the GB world etc