Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Selfy

Help me with my Scalpel team

Recommended Posts

Ok, so this is the scenario:

I got me some of they ratcatchers when they released. My thinking was that I wasn't interested in Morticians so I wasn't going to buy in. However, because Guild Ball miniatures are like heroin to me, I have ended up with some morts after all.

Now, I don't need you all to tell me to buy more miniatures. I'm trying to make do with what I have. I'm aware that they might not be optimal or competitive, or whatever. I just need a gameplan for what I have. 

Scalpel

Vileswarm

Vet Graves

Pelage

Skulk

Vet Hemlocke

Bonesaw

Fire away. What's my best bet with this little lot?

Cheers! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you only have box 2 morts or just those period? Scalpel is going to have to put in work. Keep vileswarm away from Pelage you can't risk a sudden loss of 5hp on her or BS-aw Vemlock will need to position your scorer and help keep Scalpel safe. You don't have anything to slow down fast teams so make sure you place Graves in between their threats and your Squishies. Pelage/Vemlock/BS-aw all go down to a stiff breeze. You'll likely need to plunk in a goal early to win. If you can get it with BoneSaw they will likely gang up on him allowing you to set up Scalpel for a sneak attack. If they bunch up Pelage gets really dangerous. Pelage and Scalpel are secretly pretty decent goal threats. Theaten a take out then suddenly go around and score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FaiLoadeDice said:

So you only have box 2 morts or just those period? Scalpel is going to have to put in work. Keep vileswarm away from Pelage you can't risk a sudden loss of 5hp on her or BS-aw Vemlock will need to position your scorer and help keep Scalpel safe. You don't have anything to slow down fast teams so make sure you place Graves in between their threats and your Squishies. Pelage/Vemlock/BS-aw all go down to a stiff breeze. You'll likely need to plunk in a goal early to win. If you can get it with BoneSaw they will likely gang up on him allowing you to set up Scalpel for a sneak attack. If they bunch up Pelage gets really dangerous. Pelage and Scalpel are secretly pretty decent goal threats. Theaten a take out then suddenly go around and score. 

Thanks for this. Currently, that is all the models I have, so one squaddie is getting dropped. Who would be the benchwarmer, Skulk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve found that having Scalpel do a bit of work then jogging (or second wind-ing) into position ahead of Bonesaw usually lets me punt a goal on with him. Once he does, often he’s way out of the scrum and can stay out of too much trouble (mostly faced brewers, so that’s where my experience comes from). They’re a decent goal scoring pair from almost anywhere (and the showboating gameplan is gold with them), but you need to be able to successfully roll a bunch of 3 dice kicks. I have scored after missing several though, so it’s not always a fail if you miss one :D

The rest I haven’t tried, but vHemlocke and Pelage are on my need to try list because they seem like they’ll enable more shenanigans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mako said:

The rest I haven’t tried, but vHemlocke and Pelage are on my need to try list because they seem like they’ll enable more shenanigans.

1

Yeah, them two seem to be the bee's knees. VHemlocke I haven't tried yet, but Pelage is the business in Rats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selfy said:

Thanks for this. Currently, that is all the models I have, so one squaddie is getting dropped. Who would be the benchwarmer, Skulk?

I would pretty much always drop Skulk from that set. Vs scorie engineer or Smith's or sharks Fish I'd use him and take out graves or henlock. Skulks issue is he prevents points and you'll have a hard enough time with this team making points. BUT think about how you're going to allocate your influence. Skulk is still very useful/annoying with 0 inf. If the enemy team can easily kill him though he's better off at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have quite a lot of pushes or push/dodges in that team. Pushing someone's players off the board is a valid way to get 2 VP. But remember it is a 2 edged sword. Don't stay there too long yourself. Second wind helps. :) Vileswarm can change humans for 1INF and only gives up 1VP if it is taken out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

For your list:

Scalpel:
(auto include)

Vileswarm:
- (auto include)

Vet Graves :
- (auto include)
- your only KD danger and synergy with Vileswarm
- Bleed+Grave Digger

Pelage:
- Your only real damage in my opinion (Hello gentleman!).
- Hidden-striker

Skulk:
- Very usefull against goal scoring teams
-  Hidden-striker
- Personally I don't like him for my way of playing the game
- In my view the only real goalkeeper in the game is Tenderiser

Vet Hemlocke:
- Good set-up for Bonesaw/Scalpel
-  Blind is a @!#%
- Hidden-striker

Bonesaw:
- Shenanigan goals :P
- I absolutely love him

For you current models I would field: Scalpel, Vileswarm, VGraves, Pelage, VHemlocke, Bonesaw in most games and either switch Pelage for Skulk if you would face a heavy scoring team.
You could either go for a 2-2 or a 3-0 but mostly your gameplan without Obulus should be a 2-2
 

I think if you would add Casket instead of either VGraves or Pelage depending on how many KD's you need you could easily go for a 2-1 (casket time) or combine casket time+gravedigger for a massive 5 VP + 1 Grave Digger take-out and a goal :P 
 

Cheers,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×