el009

Season 4: rebalance of Spooks

Other guilds dicuss in their topics, why don't we?

Make Morticans great again!

My wishlist is:

- rework of our mascots - at this point they are kind of relic from S2, they were underpowered cause they were able to come back when most wasn't, Vileswarm is nowhere to be seen in 10 and Dirge is in just because You need a mascot. The only good part of the Raven is 8/10 move and ignoring terrain, suicide goals can be fun. Looking at other mascots (3x Union, Mother...) makes me so jealous.

- more influence for the tough guys! - or at least make them efficent due to some skills like Berserk, Vindicative etc, Ghast and Casket just don't bring enough to the table and whole team is so inefficent in generating DMG/MP that You realy need every single influence.

- do something with Scalpels playbook - seriuosly, 4 net hits just to get :mom2: and 6 for :KD: is way too much, especialy on 1" melee model

- Bonesaw needs change - even in Ratcatchers who receive more often and have more decent models for Dervish don't pick him all that often, in Morticians he's garbage

To be honest, 2 models are perfect just the way they are, oGraves and vHemlocke, Brainpan is also cool, all the rest needs some love. I wish our team was more football oriented, 3/6 kick for Obs and Cosset, some sort of dodge for Silence (Shadowlike or Raise the Stakes maybe?) and they are also good to go. I don't feel like Spooks are super-underpowered, still a competitive team but things often go south due to some bad dice and with below average health pools and no defensive tech there is very little margin for errors.

Vileswarm could become "good" with furiuos instead of vindictive. Rabid animal is stronger than it seems, paired with casket HB can be nasty, and if You punch bach you get poisoned.

Dirge has singled out, that is good, but 2 inf is a lot... with obby always eating 5-7  (1 inf not reliable)

Scalpel would be good with 2 momentum damage on 3column (like obulus), as she ignores 1 arm; on 2 column would be good but maybe too much...

Obulus is strong, one of the strongest I think...Just don't play like he's Fillet, or Shark, but he can reaaly do a lot for goals, takeouts, momentum and PM of course.

Bonesaw looks amazing on paper, but everytime I use him he remains sad and alone until he dies. Only once I triggered FD and I was "enthusiastic"!! :-)

1 hour ago, Nuzzzo said:

Scalpel would be good with 2 momentum damage on 3column (like obulus), as she ignores 1 arm; on 2 column would be good but maybe too much...

Obulus is strong, one of the strongest I think...Just don't play like he's Fillet, or Shark, but he can reaaly do a lot for goals, takeouts, momentum and PM of course.

:mom2: on 2 net hits would be too strong for Scalpel, she could hit that vs 5+/1 target and reliably and with tooled up in my mind that seems too strong. KD is more important as she's super prone to counter attacks and the only model with reliable KD we have is Ghast and that guy is 1/3 inf and sloooow. He's also a momentum farm after he gets knocked down.

That's Sclapel Playbook I'd like to see:

:1:  :2:  :mom1:+:momPD:     :KD:      :4:+:PD:

:momD:  :T:  :mom2:+:momGB: :mom2:+:momD: :mom3:+:momD: :mom4:+:momGB:

Mom 2 on 3 hits (reliable vs 4+/1 targets), KD on 4 (quite likely while charging, unreliable with basic attacks) and some crazy damage on 5+ hits.

Obulus is fine, he's not a beater anymore so he could get that 1 dice for more reliable passes and shots, that's all I ask for him. I'd rather see rest of the team buffed.

OrI don't think that vileswarm be good with furiuos...maybe need something more.

Dirge i think it's ok maybe 2/4 kick

Scalpel for me need a rework with hid character play, she has a poor concusion and expensive and situational wake the dead if you compare with constitución from Grange.

Bonesaw need a better reward if he score a goal( TAC, shadows like, acrobatics...) Or become more easy try to score with him.

Silence need a new playbook i don't know what is the reason to give him tackle on 5 column and 2 damage on two and give him dodge.

Casket need more 2/4 or a better playbook to be a good damage dealer or more control with kd.

Ghast i think it's ok maybe poised or push momemtum in the first column.

vGraves anatomical precision and packmaster become a trait with aura 6".

Bonesaw needs permanent def 5 slippery and mom t< on 3 and he’s fine. He’s actually soo close to being solid.

scalpel needs to scrap wake the dead and tormented agony.  And a more well rounded playbook.

vgraves needs tac 6 and better character traits. And to not be called graves 

silence is fine.  

The big guys need 2 inf. 

Obulus is perfect. Do not change him.

4 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

Bonesaw needs permanent def 5 slippery and mom t< on 3 and he’s fine. He’s actually soo close to being solid.

scalpel needs to scrap wake the dead and tormented agony.  And a more well rounded playbook.

vgraves needs tac 6 and better character traits. And to not be called graves 

silence is fine.  

The big guys need 2 inf. 

Obulus is perfect. Do not change him.

I like that. We don't need much on any model. I think the INF issue needs to be adressed, either through INF pools or through more abilities like Soul Seer.

On 07/05/2018 at 4:53 PM, el009 said:

:mom2: on 2 net hits would be too strong for Scalpel, she could hit that vs 5+/1 target and reliably and with tooled up in my mind that seems too strong. KD is more important as she's super prone to counter attacks and the only model with reliable KD we have is Ghast and that guy is 1/3 inf and sloooow. He's also a momentum farm after he gets knocked down.

That's Sclapel Playbook I'd like to see:

:1:  :2:  :mom1:+:momPD:     :KD:      :4:+:PD:

:momD:  :T:  :mom2:+:momGB: :mom2:+:momD: :mom3:+:momD: :mom4:+:momGB:

Mom 2 on 3 hits (reliable vs 4+/1 targets), KD on 4 (quite likely while charging, unreliable with basic attacks) and some crazy damage on 5+ hits.

Obulus is fine, he's not a beater anymore so he could get that 1 dice for more reliable passes and shots, that's all I ask for him. I'd rather see rest of the team buffed.

See, I played a lot of Scalpel in season 2 when she was ignored because of Obs. At this time, the player losing the roll off had no mp and she could go first with no fear of being pushed out of melee, cause huge disruption, and Second Wind to safety. Team generated almost Butchers levels of mp so first turn was likely every turn.

What I'm getting at is that when Scalpel fears no counter attacks, she is really strong and flexible. Nowadays she has to pick her targets carefully, and perhaps too carefully. Could do with a change definitely, but I feel a kd on 3 might be a bit to easy for her. 4 would put her at 50/50 against 4/1.

edit - ignor me, I completely misread your chart,  it is on the 4. Curly Approves 

Pretty new into spooks but please don't remove tormented agony.

In my last game I was able to move 3 Inf from Avarisse to Benediction. Those moments are golden.