Sign in to follow this  
Silvs

Getting KD'd while walking over a marker

Spigot is leaving Locus' melee zone while walking over a nest-marker. Locus makes a parting blow and knocks Spigot down. Where is Spigot placed? Shall the Brewers' player use least disturbance rule?

If a model attempts to move over an marker and ends its move partially over it, use the rule of least disturbance to position the model back along the model’s path of movement in contact with the marker.

(This is the same ruling used for when knocked down while partially over an obstruction, and also applies to Flying and Swift Wind moving over models' bases)

So, the rule of least disturbance still seems to conceptually confuse me when "backing up along the path" is a longer distance than nudging a model or marker (besides the ball marker) forward along the path a few millimeters or sideways a fraction of an inch to place it on the pitch...

** EDIT - I checked the existing clarifications and it clearly states to back the model up in the terrain situation for models ... so I think this is already errata'd and good!  Thankx! ** 

In the example above, let's say Spigot's back base edge (closest to Locus) was 2/3 of the way across the marker when he left Locus' melee... so his base is already mostly past the marker in question... You are saying that instead of having Spigot fall "forward" away from Locus 10 mm, he should be placed almost 50 mm closer to Locus along the path he used to leave melee (assuming their is room for his base).

Page 15 of Rulebook states "must place the marker (or model) as close to the correct location possible"...  while page 48 under terrain specifically mentions using the rule of least disturbance to place the ball along the ball path when it makes contact with an obstruction or barrier during a scatter... so it seems there is slightly different language with an additional bit added to the ball marker vs just the generic 'least disturbance'.

So should we consider 'the model path' to be more important than actual distance when determining least disturbance?  (hope I'm making sense in my examples!)

Thanks!

What this always means is this:

Back up to the last point where the model/marker is no longer over the obstacle/marker.

If the model or marker cannot be placed there because of another marker/model, then and only then should you use the RoLD (finding the available location that is closest to that new target position).