Hello everyone!

Not to long ago I purchase the Dark Souls board game and I'm really enjoying it so far. One of my biggest complaints though is that with the campaign mode it's virtually endless and you can become so buffed out that the game becomes fairly easy.  Now I did look at a lot of the different house rules, but I'm not looking to change the grind aspect or the time of gameplay, thoughs don't bother me. I was wondering if anybody has experimented with having higher Sparks in campaign mode per player, let's say five Sparks for 3 players per boss and having them reset after every boss. This would also include not being allowed to buy Sparks. Would this make it to diffucult to get good enough gear to progress and actually have a fighting chance? Thoughs? Sorry for the long post. I didn't know how else to get my point across:)

I can say, with 4 players in the campaign, and starting off with 2 adjacent tier 1 rooms, you can LITERALLY infinite-farm, level up, and restore your sparks. Like... the grind is trivial. You may as well just say you've gone through the encounters, collect souls, reset the spark every 8 souls, and flip a few dozen cards as your group levels up to tier 3 across the board without a problem.

Sorry, I think I may have not stated what I wanted to clearly. Let me try again. What I mean is that changing the rules in campaign to where you can never buy Sparks. And that you had a limit each boss, say 5 sparks per boss area. This would eventually push you to face the boss with the equipment that you have, whether bad, decent, or good epuipment.  What I'm wondering is by putting this cap on the Sparks if it's the statistically hinders me from getting decent gear to make it through the campaign with a  with a fighting chance.

I don't know why I didn't say this in the first place, it's essentially doing what you do with sparks in skrimish, but just in campaign and you have 2 or 3 more sparks from the starting amount in the rulebook.