szendroib

What AoE marker do you use for alchemists?

Hello!

It's time for me to get some aoe upgrades for my paper cutouts that I have used this far. My question would be what aoe markers do you guys use, and where to get it? :).

I have tried the official neoprene markers, and while they look good, they are a paint to put over/under figures, removing at the end of the round, etc. Are there any alternatives to them, like ring markers? I saw metal rings in Vincent Curkov's videos, and they seem to be useful, and easy to handle, but couldn't find 3 inch rings anywhere :D.

Thanks for the answers in advance!

I use the art of war token set with an addition of 3d printed 3" rings for crowded areas. Works well.

I personally use all three types of aoe markers since they are best in different situations. I have the muse ones for placing on the edge of models. I have rings I’ve covered in colored duct tape for placing over models. And the wood spokes for scrums. 

On 5/4/2018 at 6:46 AM, szendroib said:

Hello!

It's time for me to get some aoe upgrades for my paper cutouts that I have used this far. My question would be what aoe markers do you guys use, and where to get it? :).

I have tried the official neoprene markers, and while they look good, they are a paint to put over/under figures, removing at the end of the round, etc. Are there any alternatives to them, like ring markers? I saw metal rings in Vincent Curkov's videos, and they seem to be useful, and easy to handle, but couldn't find 3 inch rings anywhere :D.

You can buy 3" diameter rings in the leatherworking section of a craft store.  called o-rings, or welded rings I think.

Personally I’d always go for neoprene because I’d hate to damage someone’s model by putting a plastic or metal ring. I can just see the paint chipping, or a fine joint snapping (Minx’s arms for example).

On 5/4/2018 at 12:46 PM, szendroib said:

couldn't find 3 inch rings anywhere :D.

I had trouble sourcing them too - but discovered that "jailer's fobs" come in 3" and you can get multipacks on ebay. I got these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/10-Units-Very-Large-Heavy-Nickel-Split-Ring-Key-Rings-76mm-Diameter/1388280409?iid=270967178806&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50546%26meid%3D3aa1c8667c6e4232b514ddbcc83adf3b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D270967179594%26itm%3D270967178806&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851]these

Only downside is they are quite heavy

Thanks for the help guys! I hope the ideas will help others aswell. In the end I went with Frozen Forge acrylic rings. They have the advantages of both worlds. They are rings (duh :)), and they are color coded by default :).