Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Kickers or Receivers

Hey team - with the +1 to kick receive how do people like to roll? Kick or Receive? Matchup dependent? Thoughts?

Currently if given the choice I receive but our KO game is pretty good so now I’m flip flopping. 

I seem to have much more joy when I receive. Last game I elected to kick and I couldn't get anything going at all. Maybe, though, it's because I'm shit?

I love to kick off with piper. You have him go up the full distance and just dribble the ball over the line. They will need to send someone forward and keep them forward. Piper can reverie a player (scourge or pelage) up then dilemma that player. If they choose piper to jog he goes forward and should be able to get to the Ball holder (and score everything going to plan).

if they come towards him, he drags them all the way forward into the waiting arms of scourge and graves for a snack digger take out. I’m also thinking about playing with using reverie on bonesaw to push him up for an early double goal.

I like to receive.  Out of 8 games in which I have received, I have been able to score a turn 1 goal 7 out of 8 times.

I haven't tried yet to kick close to the edge and use Piper to push the receiver off the pitch with his double pushes and heroic. Anyone has tried that? If that works, kicking becomes better. I already like kicking with that team but still receive when given the possibility.

Its a great tactic, and it does work.  You need to get a good kick scatter and you need an opponent that commits a model too close to the edge.

With my Rat catchers I've been a bigger fan of receiving the ball. I usually find that when I kick I usually end up having a hard time getting the ball back consistently and then  playing 3-and-1 game or a 2-and-2.  I'm a pretty big fan of kicking with Miasma, and then dropping a double Rataclysm on the entire enemy line before backing her up to cover.  

On 04/05/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mootaz said:

I haven't tried yet to kick close to the edge and use Piper to push the receiver off the pitch with his double pushes and heroic. Anyone has tried that? If that works, kicking becomes better. I already like kicking with that team but still receive when given the possibility.

Yep. Didn't even need to heroic. Double 2" inch push of charge!