Sign in to follow this  
Sudobyte

SF Email: Announcing the End of Metals

Posted (edited)

Hang on, so the PVC Farmers/Blacksmiths are £35, Rats £45, and Morts £60.... And I have to drill them all out to do scenic basing?

The sculpts look nice but I'm not impressed by the latest price point (unless the detail/quality is proportionally improved). Why the price discrepancies? EDIT: Just realised they are resin, not PVC.

Edited by DanB

Morticians are high detail resin, not plastic. They’re also not preassembled as far as I know, and don’t come with card tokens. 

They’re a very different product to the plastic boxes, so comparing the price points isn’t the most accurate measure of value.

I suppose the value is more about what you want from your models, whether it’s purely gaming or if you’re more of a painter. They’re really nice value for painters, if the quality matches or exceeds the old SFG resins. And the old resins hold up to light to moderate gaming (I haven’t tried heavy gaming), so I’m assuming these will too.

5 hours ago, ADG said:

I wonder if any retailers will stock this ... and if they can offer discounts?

Typically retailers are offering 10% plus discounts on products like metal teams, so that could bring the price down a bit. (You effectively get 5% off direct orders if you sign up for the Steamforged loyalty scheme).

I mean I'm hoping? Like, I don't know if it's just me but if they didn't then basically only two Major teams out of 11 would be available in stores. Like, why even buy in an LGS anymore then?