Sign in to follow this  
Perry89

Minerva, The bird is the word.

Season 2 - "Hunters are broken"

Season 3/4 - "Hunters are seriously broken, OMG plz halp!"

So it looks like Falconers turn the Hunters up to 11. Will standard teams look like Theron, Mascot, Egret, Mataagi, Minerva plus flex in the future?

I am taking Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, Hearne1, Mataagi & Minerva and I'm going to STAB ALL THE PLAYERS. I don't even think that line up is good but TAC 10 for Theron and Jaecar has to be some sort of win condition.

Hunters went from mid-tier to top tier with these two guys. I'd say that these two push Hunters up more than Pelage and Skulk push Morts but I'm no expert on Morts.

Just now, Anudem said:

I love these Falconer models. Do the Harrier AoE's stack?

No. Named conditions don't stack - so you take both and put a MASSIVE AOE blanket over the enemy. Move out of that mutha.

I figured as much. Still, she's amazing. Her with oHearne is pretty potent. I really like that these models will play well with both captains. A killy Skatha build sounds pretty scary 

Its funny how miasma can do a come on mate for free once per turn , but Minvera can do it multiple time as it states "Each time" 

For me, it's the usual hunters' feel. Tons of setup, which sounds good if my opponent will pass his next 2-3 activations. Only he won't.

I mean they will be a challenging lot to play with or against, which is no problem, but they are so far from the "insane" & "no words" level. Anyways, they need table time. Sometimes I'm happy to be proven wrong :)

I definitely feel like she's more of a solid workhorse than an insane broken.

Nocturnal is for me the reason she'll see the table. Multiple heals per turn if you can manage the takedowns, but I'm not tryna downplay her. Ranged Tooled Up AND Singled Out?! Jaecar is salivating. She feels a little fragile the same as Mataagi, but another 2" Melee is always welcome.

At this point all I want is a QOL change to Egret and for the bear to feel like a bear and the Hunters will be the team I've dreamed about.

1 hour ago, EpicChris said:

No. Named conditions don't stack - so you take both and put a MASSIVE AOE blanket over the enemy. Move out of that mutha.

And we can expect one more in Falconers, as I believe there were 3 AOE templates in their tokens kit...

Of course, that is (most likely) 3 separate activations necessary to get them all going.

I don't think she involves a lot of setup honestly. Wait until a model activates, give her 3, walk to a model 7" away, whack it, KD. Whack it again, Put Eye Spy on them, whack again, put Harrier AOE down. Ok she's sitting in the wind - but the tagged model is dead meat.

9 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I don't think she involves a lot of setup honestly. Wait until a model activates, give her 3, walk to a model 7" away, whack it, KD. Whack it again, Put Eye Spy on them, whack again, put Harrier AOE down. Ok she's sitting in the wind - but the tagged model is dead meat.

And, whilst she is potentially at risk, you are also hopefully able to have the model taking her out in the Harrier effect, so at threat of that bonus damage.  

I like both Falconers, and I agree that they are a damage multiplier, but they are squishy.  They could become easy targets for ranged condition damage. 

Looking forward to trying her out with Theron + Bear.  The Bear charge will just eat models.

1 hour ago, angyi said:

For me, it's the usual hunters' feel. Tons of setup, which sounds good if my opponent will pass his next 2-3 activations. Only he won't.

I mean they will be a challenging lot to play with or against, which is no problem, but they are so far from the "insane" & "no words" level. Anyways, they need table time. Sometimes I'm happy to be proven wrong :)

"No words" is a level now? Im just saying she is solid lol 

I haven't played a game with hunters yet, but I been dreaming about it while I assemble and paint everything, and im salivating at the beatdown potential of fully loaded theron in melee with crowd outs from minerva and ohearne... bend over at the waist, reach between your legs and kiss your tough hide goodbye.

3 hours ago, Perry89 said:

Its funny how miasma can do a come on mate for free once per turn , but Minvera can do it multiple time as it states "Each time" 

Conversely, Minerva can't absolutely guarantee that she will be able to do it even once. Miasma can. ;)

2 hours ago, angyi said:

No, of course not. People are getting excited for the new Falconers, and understandably so, but as with Hunters now, looking at the ideal scenario of if you do x followed by y then player A is so broken just happens very rarely against a competent player. Anything that can't be achieved in a single activation can be countered, disrupted or mitigated, or requires further setups and activations on the part of the Hunter in order to prevent those counters from occurring, opening up further opportunities for the chain to be broken. 

What I'm excited for from a Hunter's perspective is that Mataagi and Minerva both signicantly reduce the linearity of the setup. It will no longer be a case of "Theron's put the forest there, so that means Hearne is going to jump into that area in some way, so I have to be mindful that those players don't get ambushed" and other variations which my regular opponents are familiar with. 

Now it will allow the Hunter greater opportunity to mask his true target until he's ready, and greater flexibility to adjust to his opponents plays should his first choice no longer offer the opportunity expected. 

Ambush, surprise and adaptability, the true Hunter way. 

2 hours ago, Azreal13 said:

What I'm excited for from a Hunter's perspective is that Mataagi and Minerva both signicantly reduce the linearity of the setup. It will no longer be a case of "Theron's put the forest there, so that means Hearne is going to jump into that area in some way, so I have to be mindful that those players don't get ambushed" and other variations which my regular opponents are familiar with. 

Well said.  I'm a rookie but still the entire game of GB is about setting something up for something good to happen. 

hot. takes.

Looks quite reasonable. Fairly squishy, but get in the queue, not like any of my other players ever get to make counter attacks (or hit the <<) anyway. 

+2 tac and +1 dmg helps everyone. A lot. Between ranged singled out and our access to snared, spreading out the debuffage makes stealing the ball back (or hitting whatever you are fishing for) easier.

Nocternal hunting looks nice. Hunters are squishy and momentum is often tight unless you are smashing it, so any healing is usually appreciated. I'd say its a little bit 'win more', but at least for me whoever eventually makes a kill usually goes down almost immediatly after so better attrition could be the difference  between a win or loss in a tight game. Getting her near enough the action to use it should be okay given the death sentence she can give out in that range. Not sure how often it will realistically come up, once or twice a game maybe.

Easy pickings is an ignore 99% of the time. She's a winger, hurt enemies come back on or flee to the wings, and I bet mucho owls it still won't be efficient to try and go for the take out with her. It encourages her to play totally counter to her main talents, and I'm still having that lession rammed home kicking and weeping with Ulfr... my arse is getting sore.

Minerva looks like she acts as an interesting blend of both Hearnes. oHearne's singled out for Skatha. vHearne's KD for Theron. Not sure whether she replaces or partners the Hearnes better, have to play around to see.

Initially she seems to me to go slightly better with Theron, but tbh I'm not sure he needs her all that bad (he says having never played theron). For Skatha, eye spy seems the big thing, i've been eye spying it up on ohearne for ages.

The thing for me is inf allocation. She might do amazing things with 3inf, but the great likelihood is that she replaces a battery player in your 6, so what are you giving up to do it? I see her getting 1 or nothing most of the time, maybe one big turn which will serve as a gigantic telegraph unless you've 'set things up' in a way they cant get out of (maybe I'm wrong, I'm not good at this game). So given this, does she do enough to earn her a place? Its a good deal, but I don't think its a done deal.  

Edit: oh blessing of sunfather all day long.

One thing that crossed my mind, is that since Minerva can replace oHearne, now we can field a 11inf Sheena team that sounds kind of good. The downside is that we will loose the snared from original Minx and oHearne in this case, so it might not work as well instead of the +1inf :).