Now the real question:

How can I buy him without wasting 60€ on 5 models I already have ?

(He might be a little too good I agree)

Loxam confirmed in a FB-post that an alternative model would be made available.
(Not the best or clearest form of communication, but still)
So we'll probably know before general release.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah I'm conflicted about this guy.

On the one hand, this is what I would like to see out of mascots: more limited or focused versions of squaddies that still have an impact on the game as opposed to the current approach, which is a pet animal that barely does anything or only does things for free. So it would be great if this was indicative of a general shift in the approach to mascot design.

On the other hand, until such a change is implemented, Pride seems pretty ridiculous relative to other mascots. 13 boxes, 5 TAC, 2 Kick, infinite range Horrific Odor that functions as long as he's within 10" of the goal, and only giving up one point on a take out seem way too good. Compare that to Fahad (another large cat), who only has 6 boxes, 1 Kick, and 3 TAC. This is really confusing design, both in terms of gameplay and fluff.

So I really dislike him in a vacuum because he seems waaaaaaaaay too good. Predatory Gaze should probably turn off if he's knocked down or something else that limits it, especially because Pride can get it momentously on one result. But in the context of what I hope is a general rethinking of mascots, he would be really cool.

1 hour ago, MrFox said:

Now the real question:

How can I buy him without wasting 60€ on 5 models I already have ?

(He might be a little too good I agree)

I'm using a plastic lion from the toy shop until said single model becomes available!

30 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

For a mascot he seems only a tad overturned.

Well, they gave a rat 10 health points.

I made a post with my thoughts on him when it was originally leaked on Facebook and honestly, while he is not what I was expecting it's a fairly good fit for what I actually needed..

If he had more health, "Unmasking" and swapped the KD and T on the playbook it's pretty much what thought they would do with vFangtooth (which makes me curious as to what his card does now)

Also, for all the people saying he is "overturned", you need to look at the bigger picture of the guild he is going into.. 

Yes, he is strong for a mascot.. 

Yes, he is a bit good with the rest of the Union line up until the start of Season 4.. 

However, once he becomes "Order" only, he's currently in a line up with an extremely one dimensional captain, another good striker and three support players..

Even with the increasing damage he has on his "Predatory Gaze" pips, the team still isn't getting any takeouts so they need assistance against other scoring teams..

Also, 3/1 with a 1" melee and no defensive tech still makes him a largely easy takeout target and the 2" melee strikers will have no problem dancing around him to score, it'll just potentially cost more depending on if he got the aura up first..

Lastly, I think it has been mentioned on a podcast that Blacksmiths may have been a "trial" and that SFG may be looking to bring mascots up and lower captains slightly so this may be further hinting at what is to come in the s4 changes.. 

Better than Fahad?  Fahad is 5/0...

Lion is 3/1 so 13 HP is not that much. 

Fahad does extra Damage against snared target. And Furious...

I think the Lion is good and Goalkeeper on a Mascot is sugar...But he is not op.

Pride is a really strong Mascots, but Predatory Gaze is not Foul Odor, and he's obviously designed in mind as being a single Captain Mascot meant to complement s.Briskets playstyle. Since she needs to be pushing for goals, Pride helps slow down countergoals long enough for the rest of the team to get the ball back to Brisket. 

The cat is strong, no doubt, but I feel that's to balance out Brisket being so one lane. 

6 minutes ago, CaerSidis said:

Better than Fahad?  Fahad is 5/0...

Lion is 3/1 so 13 HP is not that much. 

Fahad does extra Damage against snared target. And Furious...

I think the Lion is good and Goalkeeper on a Mascot is sugger...But he is not op.

Fahad is a 1" melee model with no double dodge that needs to charge to do anything and has no access to three damage. It also needs Snare on an enemy model, which an opponent can clear, and 5/0 is not that difficult to deal with when the model can only take 6 hits. Literally any team in the game can take Fahad out because of his health pool and because he actually needs to get in the fight. Meanwhile, Pride can hang out all safe and snug by his goal with 13 boxes while still providing value to his team. Plus, whereas Pride can do damage while also making enemy goal runs more inefficient with Rush Keeper and Predatory Glare, Fahad literally only does damage and needs set up to work.

I'm not saying Fahad is a bad mascot, but Pride is more durable, more flexible, can be just as influence efficient, and needs less set up. Fahad is firmly a mascot whereas Pride is almost a squaddie. Hopefully, Fahad ends up closer to Pride than the other way around though.

38 minutes ago, Penguin Warrior said:

I'm not saying Fahad is a bad mascot, but Pride is more durable, more flexible, can be just as influence efficient, and needs less set up. Fahad is firmly a mascot whereas Pride is almost a squaddie. Hopefully, Fahad ends up closer to Pride than the other way around though.

It's worth maintaining that the weaknesses of Fahad are similar in effect to the weaknesses of all mascots. None so far are as close to a full player as Pride. And whether by smaller HP pools, lower Tac, shorter movements, or more 1-dimensional uses they all fall short of what Pride offers.

Pride is very good.

However, Rush Keeper on a 1" melee 50mm model will be extremely hard to actually apply a lot of the time.

11 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

If you want to compare Pride to any other model in terms of defensive stats, it's probably Chisel.

I think that says more about Chisel's power level than it does about Pride's, though.

Same health and def/arm, better counter attack and only gives up 1 VP.

Well, there is a reason why Chisel seldom sees any play.

49 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

Cast and Cinder also have access to Sentinel for 3/2. Cinder applies massive kick off pressure, can tackle the ball from range or kill the ball. Cast can one round a player.

Theyre not even comparable.

Based on how hard it is to take them out and what you get for the reward, they are definitely comparable. What they bring to the match is something completely different though, but then you could argue that most of the players cannot be compared to each other.