Sign in to follow this  
Zozo

Vs Ratcatchers

Hello All!

Now that the Ratcatchers are available, what do you think which are the biggest dangers for us and which are the best line-ups and/or tactics against them?

For example, Miasma, Pelage and Piper are the most dangerous models IMO, but none of them will die in a single activation automatecally (or we must have lucky dices).

Alloys Dirty Knives is also nice into diseased ratcatchers as it costs extra MOM to clear conditions in adition to bringing down DEF making a one activation takeout by Iron or Cast quite possible on Miasma and Pelage even without tooled up.

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

Catchers really don’t like being on fire and don’t like teams that want to brawl. Burnish (C), Furnace, Heath, Alloy, Cast & Cinder.

Has solid ball threat but can totally brawl hard.

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking...pick Burnish to a captain, and burn the heretics :) And w Furnace and Hearth, we've got two 2" melee models, Alloy and Cast than may clear Miasma and/or Pelage.

31 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

Alloys Dirty Knives is also nice into diseased ratcatchers as it costs extra MOM to clear conditions in adition to bringing down DEF making a one activation takeout by Iron or Cast quite possible on Miasma and Pelage even without tooled up.

Good idea, next time I will try this, thanks! ;)

Diseased & Burning & KD all on the one player means that Miasma has a prime target. You need to be able to apply these to more than one target early in the turn and then maybe do it again. Burnish can remove conditions to replace them with Burning. Furnace doesn't mind. :)

If Furnace is diseased and walks into a player he can reliably do this with 2 INF. 

I did OK with them last week end using the list mentioned above.  On one occasion Cast removed Scourge with 1 INF to spare! 

52 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Diseased & Burning & KD all on the one player means that Miasma has a prime target. You need to be able to apply these to more than one target early in the turn and then maybe do it again. Burnish can remove conditions to replace them with Burning. Furnace doesn't mind. :)

If Furnace is diseased and walks into a player he can reliably do this with 2 INF. 

I did OK with them last week end using the list mentioned above.  On one occasion Cast removed Scourge with 1 INF to spare! 

Wow, it could have been a nice match!