Sign in to follow this  
Secondbreky

Footballing Alchemists

Do you guys have any advise for playing a 'pure' footballing line up for the alchemists? I've been playing a lot of games with brawling teams recently and I'm looking for a change of pace? I was thinking of taking Midas, Naja, Vitriol, Mist, Mercury & Crucible and just trying to race to 3 goals. Any advise would be much appreciated.

8 hours ago, speedfreek said:

I would switch Crucible for vet Katalyst.

Works well with both Captains.

I think Okat works better with Midas than vetKat. Okat is more like a brawler and he can handle a beating while other models are scoring.

To OP : I'm far away from an Alch pro, but I played some games with them, mostly with Smoke tho. The problem I always encouter when going football is teh retrieving of the ball. Scoring with Midas and/or Vitriol is relatively easy, getting the ball back is the hard part to me

8 hours ago, Mezawockee said:

I think Okat works better with Midas than vetKat. Okat is more like a brawler and he can handle a beating while other models are scoring.

To OP : I'm far away from an Alch pro, but I played some games with them, mostly with Smoke tho. The problem I always encouter when going football is teh retrieving of the ball. Scoring with Midas and/or Vitriol is relatively easy, getting the ball back is the hard part to me

I'd say vKat or even Compound with that lineup just for the inf efficiency. Fueling 3 strikers against good opponents can be taxing.

Smoke, vitriol, mist, naja, vkat, mercury. 

Huge ball pressure from vitriol and mist, smoke can score from practically anywhere plus getting fire onto the opposition with mercury slows then down aiding your goal runs. Vkat the witness me takeout threat with conditions via mercur or smoke. 

My favorite Alchs list is Midas, Naja, Vitriol, Crucible, Calculus, and vKat. Crucible is mostly a battery who gives Vitriol a jumping point, Naja provides crowd outs and a good ball holder if you ever need to slow things down, Calculus can set up vKat with conditions and provides some control with Blind, Midas and Vitriol chase the ball and provide some combat support, and vKat looks for a Witness Me take out to support two goals.

It typically works pretty well. Even if your opponent controls vKat, he requires so many resources to shut down completely that it frees up the rest of your team to do what they want. Midas and Vitriol are real hard to keep away from two goals throughout a game, so this team is ready to win quickly and grind a bit if needed.