meep277

Locus: Where and When?

So, I'm really trying to find a spot for push bot into my 10. The KD on one is amazing, but I feel like he's too squishy to get into a scrum. Like, the idea is that he KD's someone that has the ball, it scatters, and he kicks it with Remote Ball. But, I feel like gambling on the scatter isn't exactly a good idea. What are your guys thoughts?

He can get some benefit from Harriet. She can knock the ball loose at range allowing Locus to run 6', kick from 6' away. 

I scored a nice goal with him where the ball was lose after Hoist killed the playing holding it and my opponent didn't have a clear player within 9'. Locus ran up forming a triangle with him, velocity and the ball as the points. Remote controlled to himself, then passed to Velocity who snap-shotted the goal.  The ball started about 17' from goal!

8 minutes ago, Horeath said:

Remote controlled to himself, then passed to Velocity who snap-shotted the goal.  The ball started about 17' from goal!

Locus can't use Remote Control to pass the ball to himself. Here's a quote from the Collected Clarifications: 

Remote Control: - Locus cannot use Remote Control to pass to himself as he is deemed to be in possession of the ball already.

The only way you can pull something like that off is if you kick the ball with Remote Control targeting a spot near Locus, and the scatter will land within 1" of him. 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

Locus can't use Remote Control to pass the ball to himself. Here's a quote from the Collected Clarifications: 

The only way you can pull something like that off is if you kick the ball with Remote Control targeting a spot near Locus, and the scatter will land within 1" of him. 

Yep. You can still do it though. If you target a spot behind locus it maximises the chance of him being able to intercept his kick (does that make sence?)

2 hours ago, Horeath said:

Yep. You can still do it though. If you target a spot behind locus it maximises the chance of him being able to intercept his kick (does that make sence?)

Locus can't intercept his own kick. Locus still counts as the kicking model when using Remote Control.

From rulebook:

3sgonw0.png

8 hours ago, 6tus said:

Locus can't intercept his own kick. Locus still counts as the kicking model when using Remote Control.

From rulebook:

3sgonw0.png

I doubt if asked they wouldn't rule it that he could intercept.

Good catch though.

Locus is good at ball killing against strikers with a kd on1. Otherwise not that great

On 5/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, 6tus said:

From rulebook:

3sgonw0.png

*Edit* so yeah, only can manage to kick to himself if it lands within snap range....not ideal.

Hmm...so by that logic, a player in front of Locus couldn't intercept if he kicked the ball "through" them, to behind him, because they are required to be between the kicking player and the final location of the ball? 

In fact, it's almost impossible to intercept a remote control kick, because you need to be on the ball path, and between the kicking model and final location....This might make Locus a nice companion for Harriet? 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Horeath said:

*Edit* so yeah, only can manage to kick to himself if it lands within snap range....not ideal.

Hmm...so by that logic, a player in front of Locus couldn't intercept if he kicked the ball "through" them, to behind him, because they are required to be between the kicking player and the final location of the ball? 

In fact, it's almost impossible to intercept a remote control kick, because you need to be on the ball path, and between the kicking model and final location....This might make Locus a nice companion for Harriet? 

Post that to rules forum.  That's an interesting reading of the rules.

Edited by Silversmith
Changed interpretation to reading. Less confrontational sounding. After all, this is the internet not a bar.

I really hope he gets some love for season 4.  He’s a great looking model, and I’d love to get him on the pitch more.

I feel like he either needs a few more health boxes or tough hide to make him more viable. Also, a momentous damage option on 3 would rule.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:04 AM, Silversmith said:

Post that to rules forum.  That's an interesting reading of the rules.

I did, and it was answered that the rule to intercept a kick are to lie between the starting point of the kick and the finishing point of the kick. Seems to be RAI rather than RAW.