Sign in to follow this  
WaRm0nk3y

How do I play against Morticians?

I'm a new player in a league ( have less than 15 games under my belt) and I'm facing the Morticians for the first time.  Any advice for strategy?  What's the game plan?  I have all the alchemists plus Decimate and Harry if that helps.  Any help would be appreciated so I can give this game a helluva try.

Thanks in advance!

Unless obulus has activated early keep the ball on naja or flask and stand them behind one of your players (in their melee zone) to stop him stealing the ball easily. 

Try to victimise the squishier players like cosset, & graves. Slow up casket with fire and blind, likewise obulus. Stand players in o/vkats melee zone so they get kd'd by parting blows if obulus puppetmasters them. 

Morts do not like the condition game. With below average life pools and no heroics/CPs to remove condition. Smoke is defiantly the better match up. Pick off the weakened players and go for a goal once it opens up.

33 minutes ago, StevekCole said:

Unless obulus has activated early keep the ball on naja or flask and stand them behind one of your players (in their melee zone) to stop him stealing the ball easily. 

Try to victimise the squishier players like cosset, & graves. Slow up casket with fire and blind, likewise obulus. Stand players in o/vkats melee zone so they get kd'd by parting blows if obulus puppetmasters them. 

That's clever. I've played against morticians too yesterday ( my second game, we stopped on a  result of 5-4 for morticians as it was really late ) and I've suffered a lot the puppet master play to get my ball. having it on the mascot with another member in melee zone make it much less effective.

Regarding "Stand players in o/vkats melee zone so they get kd'd by parting blows if obulus puppetmasters them. " you mean if obulus use puppetmaster to make them exiting from the melee zones, right?

I've never tried smoke so far, will be my next experiment I think. Anyway also Midas with all his mobility can create issues to morticians. Obviously, in that case, you are more trying to score than to bash...

Yeah, exactly, if obulus puppetmasters a player they count as a morts player for that action so take parting blows. Compound and the kats are best for this as they have kds. 

Mascots also have rubbish kick stats so if obulus wants the ball he really needs to get dangerously close to them. As an aside, if your opponent ever only puts 4 or 5 on obulus a bonus timed hypnosis with naja can really wreck their day. 

Also, vkat can beat the carp out of obulus given the chance to get into base and that's always a worry for the morticians. 

Midas does have game into morts but the issue is getting the ball to him or via him to vitriol without obulus snatching it from you. It's doable but harder than using smoke who's natural game is scarier for morts. 

Thanks for the tips!!  Won against Morts and stumbled into hiding the ball behind vKat.  I put smoke directly behind vKat and forced Obulus to come get it or ignore it and try to win via take outs.  Dumped loads of conditions on them and waited it out.  With the exception of vKat having some really crappy dice tonight, it worked well.  Can't wait for the next game and making it even more difficult for them.  Alchemists for Life!

On 4.05.2018 at 6:14 AM, WaRm0nk3y said:

With the exception of vKat having some really crappy dice tonight, it worked well.

Don't worry, it's normal. 13 dice against a model and only 2 hits is nothing strange with vKat. At least when I play him.