Hi there, in this thread I'd like to post collections of photos of Guild Ball figures I painted over the years.

Which means we're hopping back to (late) 2015 for starters, but it won't be long until we're up to date! First two teams I painted were Butchers and Morticians (naturally):

testmini1.jpg

butchhintergrund1.jpg

butchfront2.jpg

butchclose2.jpg

butchclose1.jpg

mortshintergrund1.jpg

mortsclose2.jpg

mortsclose1.jpg

mortsclose3.jpg

On I went to do some Fishermen!

team1.jpg

teil1.jpg

teil2.jpg

teamwhite1.jpg

teil2white1.jpg

teilwhite1.jpg

teilwhite2.jpg

Shortly thereafter I also painted Captain:

corsair2.jpg

Thanks for having a look, hope you like the minis and stay tuned for more!

@Malritch: well, these aren't my own; i just paint'em for people so far. :o One of the reasons I don't have time to paint any of my own (thus far).

@ADG: Thanks very much; hope they are.

Now for some Brewers!

fullfinished1.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished6.jpg

(see, bit of OSL playing there on the helmet and a little glass bottle fanciness going on there as well)

finished5.jpg

Later on I did goals for some of the teams as well. Butchers were the first ones to get one...

goal.jpg.906176e0a8d4286b38868b712912485

Yeah, a bit yucky. Some people commented that it's a little bit 'out there' and it probably is. The research for this one wasn't too much fun either. There are some things which leave you a bit queasy after the google image search to get something to look 'right'. (My top5 in this regard: "rotting flesh maggots", "horse skin sores/diseases", "gutted pig", "burnt skin", "octopus" because these things freak me out!)

goal2.jpg.a8e3376bcf90f754506efb14d11a9d

For additional effect I added a little bucket which I think I made of some pencil cap or a Vallejo dropper bottle cap or somehting like that filled with blood and with a little piece of entrails hanging over it for over-the-top effect. Because some blood is unsettling, over the top blood and guts is less unsettling and more gimmicky. Like a realistic explosion on a film has impact while Micheal Bay explosions with helicopters flying through and sparks flying around just is a spectacle. So I went with quite a lot of icky stuff to start getting diminishing returns (the game is pretty cartoonish after all), but not go all-out gory. Because that works very, very, very, very rarely I think.

...and then the Brewers:
brewtor5.jpg.5b94609f27af318c70e791fcf08

I also added a cloth wipe in the tartan colours of the Brewers to tie the thing together with the team and to leave no doubt as to whose goal that is. :)

brewtor3.jpg.cd11784ccc8c785d623bb49e3f9

brewtor2.jpg.5020cf2fcd336683bc31c30984e

Next on the list were the Alchemist's Guild team. First, as always, the test mini:

testmini1_0.jpg

testmini3.jpg

testmini4.jpg

..and then the rest:

doneblack1.jpg

doneblack2.jpg

donewhite1schrift1.jpg

donewhitedetail1schrift1.jpg

donewhitedetail2schriftr1.jpg

I really dig the colour scheme. If you'd ask me which was my favourite GB team I painted so far I really couldn't tell.

They also got a goal afterwards:

goalblack1.jpg.4155e091c1391cb853ad920b9

That one was rather straightforward. I got the flame/smoke bit resin cast from the customer, along with the request to do "something" with it. Maybe I could find a big test tube/petri dish thing, but I couldn't and it would have looked just way too huge, so I went with a simple crater (base, milliput, some pebbles, done). For additional detail, and to tie it together with the Alchemists team I used the pink/magenta colour I'd used for all the chemical stuff on the models on the cloud as well, and I strew some pieces of torn apart cloth in the team colours around the crater along with a single shoe (it's a bit burnt up at the top), indicating that the whole thing looks like an unlucky Alchemist.

587387dfce8bd_alchemistsgoal2.jpg.d72768

Along with them I also did some additions for the Morticians and Butchers which had been released in the mean time (Bonesaw and Tenderiser):

bonesaw2.jpg

bonesawwhite1.jpg

tenderiser1.jpg

tenderiser2.jpg

tenderiserwhite2.jpg

Hey, here's the Union team:

done1.jpg

donewhite1.jpg~original

donewhite2.jpg~original

donewhite3a.jpg~original

donewhite4.jpg~original

donewhite5a.jpg~original

Bit starker colour scheme there. The big dude with the little dude strapped to his chest is one of the most interesting mini designs I have seen so far.

Masons:

masonsblackdone2.jpg

masonsdone.jpg.da74a4278e2c49395c792e355

..and a few more additions to existing teams:

additions2.jpg.8ea0319a5332c30801eae8f1c

Fillet (weird name) might just be my favourite GB figure altogether. Great face on her.

Here's the Hunters team!

doneall1600.jpg.351516ff45c983406de287eb

doneblack1.jpg.6dfee6cea8ce3b07dd1c23704

donedetail1.jpg.9cdee9ce98d2bf5f8235dca3

donedetail2.jpg.07baf521ffe64c06b821f297

donedetail3c.jpg.65bb36b1230fc8cf3ae0d02

The camo pattern was requested by the customer (well, some kind of woodland-y camo pattern was, the exact look was up to me), which gave me a bit of a headache integrating it into a colour scheme, but I think it worked out in the end. :) On this team I also added some fallen leafs to the bases, in part to cover up the traps a little bit. Doesn't actually cover them up of course, because it would be daft painting them and then covering them up. It's like with painting camo. You want it to look like camo but you really don't want it to work like camo of course. ;)

Oh yes, and the bear is huge. Probably the nicest bear mini I know of too, that I have to admit. Oh, and i like the hair on the red haired lady in that team. About the crouching bald guy: completely bald guys are boring. Usually I paint some stubbly hair on them or some sort of half-bald stubbly hair (my favourite). On this one I just painted some tattoo over half of his face and scalp. Works as well for making the mini a bit more interesting. :) I've also seen the Avatar arrow been done on him, but I don't really dig that look. I also never watched the show. So yeah, swirly, tentacly tattoo it was. Hope you like them!

@Malritch: Thanks very much!

@UciB: Cheers; it's a really nice mini.

@Furnace: Thank you, much appreciated! :)

Here are some more mascots:

octpo2.jpg.dd47b3d77564f2216a74f678930f9

octpo1.jpg.26fb67949a66a0d279977abbe0e13

turtcob1.jpg.cb4959a919af0044db1b892b35b

turtcob1b.jpg.5f30fd1f84d17cecaa5aa4a150

Took a bit of a gamble on the colour scheme of the Turtle. It had to fit the rather gaudy Union scheme. In the end I trimmed the shell in gold, because I think this is exactly what the Union dudes would do. ;)

Here are the Engineers!

done2.jpg.f875fe7bd4c60cea5a9ae65d29f9b8

detail1.jpg.3ea77a9daabd5f4f965954517b66

detail2.jpg.20019d881ee8acdf35d6401cf4d5

detail2c.jpg.1f86dcf14e7c00b228410f18099

detail3.jpg.44fbb41edc844e57e77c3da83321

detail3b.jpg.893843e25b0810c1162ced1d6b9

Surely among my top 3 favourite teams out there. :)

...and then I did some more mascots:

mascots1.jpg.505aa1752e934cccd8fef2edf2e

mascots2.jpg.d06ff72264b77a96df6f7ad7221

Quaff's got to be the nicest St.Bernard's figure out there.

Its great to see these on here, and not just because I've been pinching them off google images for ages when I'm looking for colour ideas or well painted versions of models for reference :)

Lovely lovely work

@Furnace: Thanks very much. For Tentacles I did a pretty thorough google image search to get the eyes 'right'. Not the easiest of tasks for me, because squids/octopi/anything with more arms than bones in its body creeps me WAY out. :D

@Mako: Thank you! Yeah, I thought it makes things easier to have it all in one place. ;) Oh, but if you're looking for a place to be for all these things and more - here's my webbysite: https://www.battlebrushstudios.com/ :)

Just another quick update with several additions to existing teams. Mostly veteran versions of minis I painted before. Although Brainpan and Memory really is a cool concept.
done1.jpg.b2938920c14d0bc24880398c3ffd31

@Kueller: Thanks very much!

@Lena: Thank you; that's very nice of you to say. The Warseer threads are still running; but I don't update them as regularly any more I have to admit. It's unfortunate how the long downtime hit Warseer (along with forums in general suffering from social media being perceived by some as a suitable substitute). But yeah; I do my best to keep them running, drop by other people's threads and keep Warseer somehow active. I always considered it my 'home' forum online simply because how long I've been on there. And of course tonight's the first Eurovision semi-final, which is always a good opportunity to drop by in the RM section for some banter. :D

Right, here we go again!

Another batch of additions to existing teams:

done1.jpg.d71cc6a25983310eb7d2671f8ab6b7

done2.jpg.d4ac267c3e9c595a24ea5c54f96b09

I love newer GB metals. They're so bloody well made. Most of them still show some 3d printing patterns, but overall excellent figures. Good quality metal, great fit, sensibly designed.

Speaking of the amazing metals, here are the other ones. ;) One metal dude snuck in as well!

Farmers. I painted those around Halloween last year actually. Quite fitting.

farmersfront.jpg.627c3dba8db533bb8bfce6b

farmersback.jpg.889f1f3b5b29c37fc5408fae

Katalyst looks suitably disgusting. :P

How did you like the quality of the plastic farmers out of curiosity?

@Battle Brush Sigur: Yeah, I'm sad the Warseer Boards suffered so hard. :c I think forums still work for these things better than social media does. (I prefer forums for most conversations.)

@Nykolae: Thanks very much. :) Well, it happened over the course of two years or so...

@Lena: I was a bit underwhelmed with the plastic. I mean it's the bendy kind you see on many Kickstartered figures these days. I can't say it's bad, it's just very bothersome to clean. What irks me more is the models coming all pre-assembled and if possible cast in one piece. Especially on the Farmers this led to some nasty undercut-filling in places and a surprising number of static and flat poses, which I think is just unnecessary. If plastic is deemed necessary, why not at least make them multi-part? Especially on the Blacksmiths' Arsenal box one of the players comes in a leaping pose with clear plastic rods built between the model and the base. Which of course is just majorly annoying for painting purposes. Once they're painted, the models are almost as good as the newer metals, but the road to that point can be a bit rocky. As for forums: I absolutely agree; Facebook is a medium of 3 second memory threads and kneejerk reactions. With forums you know threads will be there (and possible to be found) even after three days, people usually take more time to reply,  forums are an archive as well as just a place to post chatter. Facebook just isn't a suitable replacement. It's a completely different thing, isn't it.

@Kueller: Thank you! :)

Well, speaking of the Blacksmiths, here's part 1 of the Blacksmiths:

blacksmiths1.jpg.0b7d5f779d0890e75fff90b

blacksmithsback1.jpg.d79a4c7620214e413cf

...and some more! The Brewers&Masons terrain pack.

5a32fe15340a7_doneall.jpg.1a0ad378a27ba2

terrain1.jpg.406d336db280b7ec2a402b44ec0

terrain2.jpg.4e05b1bce03ad8372c7887650f8