Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Squeak - I'm so confused how to use him

When the other friendly model advances, Squeak will "tag along". It even works during Squeaks activation, when he uses his character play. Because the enemy model is a friendly model during the advance, Squeak can also "tag along" on that movement, but only once per turn in total.

After 10 tournament games now, more than anything Squeak is the disappointing link in the rats. Every time I see a possible play it's 1 inf short or just plain out of range. Of those ten games and my practice games Squeak has only done something useful twice.

Once piper used his tag along to get an extra die. Not really necessary but it maximized the odds. 

The other time he finally got a dreadful shriek on Rage. This would have been followed up by a Piper ring out but I used up all the luck. 

Right now I'd trade Squeak for basically any 6/8 MOV mascot. It's just so damn slow! I really like the concept of its ideal plays just the opportunity is so rare when so much of his movement relies on tag along. 

My phone problem with Squeak is he is a massive liability if you use Tag Along to pull him forward (and TA is crap because directly towards is so awkward). At 3/1 he can be used to dodge away from engaging models, generate lots of mom or trigger character plays. He’s definitely the worst mascot in the game. Dreadful Shriek is annoying because they had to design a chassis that was crap to house it and so we get a crappy mascot with a super play it’s rarely worth the 2 inf to trigger (because you will need to charge with TAC 3). So annoying. If he had some sort of better interaction with the disease condition (+1 hit against infected models or he is immune to the effects or like katalyst while diseased he gains spd bonuses - literally anything). Squeak is a let down. 

@EpicChris - While I am not sure that he is the worst mascot in the game, I completely agree he could have been better.  He is slow, the 3/1 DEF/ARM is terrible, and you can only reliably get off the character play with an attack that is probably a charge.  I think if they made him Def 5, Move 5/9, and a charge that costs 1 less if the opponent's model was diseased would be a bit better, and it would be more flavorful for what a rat is - small, quick, and hard to hit.  I wish he had more interaction with the disease condition.  

I have 12 games with Rats, and Squeak has not done much for me.  

37 minutes ago, mr baron said:

@EpicChris - While I am not sure that he is the worst mascot in the game, I completely agree he could have been better.  He is slow, the 3/1 DEF/ARM is terrible, and you can only reliably get off the character play with an attack that is probably a charge.  I think if they made him Def 5, Move 5/9, and a charge that costs 1 less if the opponent's model was diseased would be a bit better, and it would be more flavorful for what a rat is - small, quick, and hard to hit.  I wish he had more interaction with the disease condition.  

I have 12 games with Rats, and Squeak has not done much for me.  

Yeah, gotta say I expected Squeak to interact with diseased. Be immune to it, but transfer it over a wider area, or something.

2 hours ago, Selfy said:

Yeah, gotta say I expected Squeak to interact with diseased. Be immune to it, but transfer it over a wider area, or something.

yes....or something...….

How I use squeek. 

1) get squeek within 5" of someone you want to attack a bunch of times

2) walk by squeek with someone stand on the opposite side of said target

3) enjoy your croud outs. 

I don't think I have... ever put an influence on squeek.  But I love that rat one extra dice per attack turns Pelage and Skulk into monsters.