Sign in to follow this  
teage_like_league

Confused by roster changes

I tried to look it up on the Guild Ball wiki but it doesn't look like that is updated yet. I am losing track of the Union roster with all the changes. Could someone outline the Union/Order Rosters pre and post season 4? Also if I do not have some of the pre-UiC models are they still worth picking up? Sorry for being the slow kid in class.

Will Stay Union, but also play for the Order of Solthecius;

• Grace
  • Benediction
  • Mist
  • Harry

New releases that can play for Union from release until November;

• Pride
  • Veteran Fangtooth
  • Seasoned Spigot

Existing Union Models that will lose Union status;

• Seasoned Brisket

All other Union models remain Union.

S3:

1. CPT: Blackheart
  2. CPT: vRage
  3. CPT: sBrisket
  4. Mascot: Coin
  5. Mascot: Strongbox
  6. Mascot: Pride
  7. A&G
  8. Benediction
  9. Decimate
  10. Fangtooth
  11. Grace
  12. Gutter
  13. Harry
  14. Hemlocke
  15. Minx
  16. Mist
  17. oRage
  18. Snakeskin
  19. vFangtooth
  20. sSpigot

S4 (Union) - players in bold play for both Union and The Order of Solthecius

1. CPT: Blackheart
  2. CPT: vRage
  3. Mascot: Coin
  4. Mascot: Strongbox
  5. A&G
  6. Benediction
  7. Decimate
  8. Fangtooth
  9. Grace
  10. Gutter
  11. Harry
  12. Hemlocke
  13. Minx
  14. Mist
  15. oRage
  16. Snakeskin

S4 (The order Solthecius):

1. CPT: sBrisket
  2. Mascot: Pride
  3. Benediction
  4. Grace
  5. Harry
  6. Mist
  7. vFangtooth
  8. sSpigot

Note: I think this is the complete list, however, let me know if I've missed anybody off the list.

No. His new model still has the old hat, which we know he no longer has if he is alive. Unless Sherwin pulls something, this is just a game contrivance so the team works well.

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

Who ever said there was only one magic hat?

It’s fairly easy to write this off as an imposter that the fans can’t tell is an imposter

Either way, this mystery will only be truly solved when we know what is happening with Pride. For me, I have all the other Solthecian models, but I'm not buying the new box just for Pride and Alt Harry. No one in their right mind will sell Pride on it's own unless for a ridiculous price. So the upshot is I'm reluctant to buy vet Fangers and Spigot until I'm sure I know what happens with Pride.

All they have to do is tell me and then they can take my money. Simples.

1 hour ago, Selfy said:

All they have to do is tell me and then they can take my money. Simples.

How do you feel about purple resin.?

Honestly I'm expecting a PVC box some time after Season 4 release which has the main Solthecian 6 and a launch pack with the alt Mist and Harry sculpts..

I have no problem with the way they packaged the Solthecian box as it was pretty much expected based on what was already included in the other boxes, and can't wait to get the lion on the table.

I do however feel "The Order" is a little underwhelming as a 8 player guild based on the five cards we have already seen (although I am aware these can be erratad in the s4 update) and hope the new three add some "punch" to enable a 2/2 game plan...

Guess we'll have to wait and see..

15 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

How do you feel about purple resin.?

Honestly I'm expecting a PVC box some time after Season 4 release which has the main Solthecian 6 and a launch pack with the alt Mist and Harry sculpts..

I have no problem with the way they packaged the Solthecian box as it was pretty much expected based on what was already included in the other boxes, and can't wait to get the lion on the table.

I do however feel "The Order" is a little underwhelming as a 8 player guild based on the five cards we have already seen (although I am aware these can be erratad in the s4 update) and hope the new three add some "punch" to enable a 2/2 game plan...

I'm not overly fussed about purple resin if it enables me to buy the lion, on its own, at a reasonable price.

Wouldn't be my preferred choice, but would rather do that than buy the whole box of 6. I don't have a problem with the 6 veteran players because I can offload the ones I don't want. But there's zero chance of offloading the other models from the Pride box. Might as well go outside and burn some money.

I wonder if there is potentially another 2 Order players to come, so there is a complete box of 6 without the crossover players?

7 minutes ago, Selfy said:

I wonder if there is potentially another 2 Order players to come, so there is a complete box of 6 without the crossover players?

I'd doubt it based on the away the Ratcatchers and Falconers work..

Harry & Mist are Union to Order

Grace & Benny are Order to Union

Brisket, Pride, sSpigs and vFangtooth are soon to be Order only

Also, regarding reselling stuff from the "Faithfull" box, I'm sure some people would pay a good amount for the Harry resculpt if you aren't wanting to keep it and there will probably be several "newer" Farmers players looking to pick up G&B without needing to buy the full £50 box, it's only really sBrisket and the old Mist sculpt which will be harder to shift..

23 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

I'd doubt it based on the away the Ratcatchers and Falconers work..

Harry & Mist are Union to Order

Grace & Benny are Order to Union

Brisket, Pride, sSpigs and vFangtooth are soon to be Order only

Also, regarding reselling stuff from the "Faithfull" box, I'm sure some people would pay a good amount for the Harry resculpt if you aren't wanting to keep it and there will probably be several "newer" Farmers players looking to pick up G&B without needing to buy the full £50 box, it's only really sBrisket and the old Mist sculpt which will be harder to shift..

Yeah, fair point. I misread it because it's confusing.

Regarding the Faithfull box you may have a point too. Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I.

22 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I.

Honestly I'm probably not the best person to give sensible financial advice as I threw money at the box as soon as I saw the lion.

I guess it depends how much you "need" that specific sculpt, if you are intending to use them for any competitive play or if you can get away with using proxies till any potential "Order" box is released..

1 hour ago, Redmaw said:

Honestly I'm probably not the best person to give sensible financial advice as I threw money at the box as soon as I saw the lion.

I guess it depends how much you "need" that specific sculpt, if you are intending to use them for any competitive play or if you can get away with using proxies till any potential "Order" box is released..

I don't need it for competitive play or anything like that, but I just can't help myself when I see shiny stuff. :D

On 4/27/2018 at 9:07 AM, ningu said:

4 (The order Solthecius):

1. CPT: sBrisket
  2. Mascot: Pride
  3. Benediction
  4. Grace
  5. Harry
  6. Mist
  7. vFangtooth
  8. sSpigot

Doesn't this basically mean that once the New Beginnings box is out in July, the whole roster for The Order will be available for play? Since a minor Guild is supposed to only have 8 players...

On 4/28/2018 at 3:59 AM, Redmaw said:

After seeing the card, Pride is a great looking mascot. The fact that it plays goalie helps a lot. 

8 hours ago, skcpae said:

Doesn't this basically mean that once the New Beginnings box is out in July, the whole roster for The Order will be available for play? Since a minor Guild is supposed to only have 8 players...

Yes and no.  All Order players will be legal in a Union roster, but a roster with no other players will not get the +1 Gameplan, +1 to kick/receive that other minor guilds get.  Presumably with Season 4 there will be another significant update to many characters.  There may be substantial changes between the Season 4 version of these characters and the Season 3 versions since four of them will no longer have to be balanced around their access to other Union options such as Tooled Up and defense debuffs.

Also at that time Union players will no longer be able to play for the Union since it's minor guild will be out which will make roster creation in that faction a lot harder.

6 hours ago, Sardonic Artery said:

After seeing the card, Pride is a great looking mascot. The fact that it plays goalie helps a lot. 

Yeah, I made a post about him once it was shown on the Facebook group but apparently we need to wait for the official announcement.

Big Cat isn't exactly what I was expecting (it's kinda the role I was expecting vFangtooth to go into) but I'm certainly not opposed to the card though..

Still think Grace and Harry need a small boost unless sSpigs and vFangtooth do something amazing to make them both more viable..

3 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

If sSpigot has Football Legend, that'll make all of Grace, Brisket and Harry much happier.

You can add me to that list too.. Honestly I'm hoping he fills a similar role to his "o" version rather than the "v" version in Brewers..

I am hoping a core of Harry, Benny, sSpigs and vFangtooth can hold the centre pitch using "Inspiring Hat" and "Football Legend" to move and engage the scrum with minimal risk while allowing sBrisket to do Brisket things once the ball has been retrieved / recovered..

12 hours ago, MechMage said:

Yes and no.  All Order players will be legal in a Union roster, but a roster with no other players will not get the +1 Gameplan, +1 to kick/receive that other minor guilds get.  Presumably with Season 4 there will be another significant update to many characters. 

But really, that's just a label... and TO's could decide if they want to allow that to exist as a minor guild...even if they don't, you're right... just play as Union with only those models.

I guess all I'm getting at is there won't really need to be any more hype train or anything for "The Order" until Season 4, but I feel there's more hype overall for all of the changes that will take place, since it's anticipated that there will be mass updates.