Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

Mataagi, first cross guild player spoiled

2 hours ago, mr baron said:

SFG posted a battle report last week with Hunters, fielding vMinx & Mataagi, into Farmers .  As it turned out, Hunters were pulled into the scrum and Farmers beat them up pretty good.  Mataagi does not change the way Hunters need to be played.  Hunters can put out some good damage, but they are still a bit squishy.  I still think that they need to work the edges and not try to get pulled into a scrum, especially against 2" melee models.

I was thoroughly disappointing with that game. Mataagi got too close and was instantly massacred and the rest of it devolved into the Hunters helplessly being wailed on with pretty much no showcase of the new models or what they offer.

Thank god for the gorgeous editing and audio work.

2 hours ago, AspiringPacifist said:

Didn't have the chance to watch the whole video yet.  How did vHonour fare?

I thought that vHonor did ok.  They talked a bit about her ability to re-arrange the harvest tokens, and I think she did that at least once during the match. 

A little curiosity about Harrier's rule wording: enemy Character Plays also increase their damage against enemy models within Harrier AOEs. So, The Unmaskings, Scything Blows and pulse and AOE attacks will be more dangerous against the enemy.

It's pretty circumstancial but it worth to know it.

I think on balance Minerva will see plenty of Hunter time. I’m finding it hard to choose Mataagi. Minerva does what he does but seemingly better. I like him as a striker model but those 4 squaddie choices are hard and it’s going to be tough fitting him in along with Minx2 and Minerva.