Sign in to follow this  
thundering

Style Guide, Painting Resources

As Guild Ball continues to grow and expand, the thing I've noticed the most (as a painter) is the lack of painting resources. The studio models are always gorgeous, and I'm a huge admirer of Giraldez's work. 

Is there ever going to be a formal 'How to Paint Guild Ball' book or video series, or something of the sort for those of us trying to match the studio scheme, or just as a chance to get new ideas?

Angel Giraldez puts out a book series on Masterclass painting, is there any chance of ever getting a Masterclass Guild Ball, or at the very least a How-to-paint?

I'd welcome anyone who can put me in the right direction towards step-by-step guild ball painting resources. So often I feel like I'm flying blind.

Well, most of the original teams were dome by a different studio - it's only the plastics that Angel has painted. Dark Iron, I think was the original?

Beyond that, I can't say if there'll be a painting guide or book (because I have no idea).

But I'm always up for encouraging painting, and helping people out. So there's definitely someone who regularly annoys the SFG staff with questions like that :D

The 'Singled out' podcast do their usual rambling chat and on one occasion recently it was about painting. But audio for a visual art is always going to be tricky. 

I found a link through this forum to a Youtube about painting tartan when I was doing Brewers.

@KujoPainting has an excellent tutorial on Brewers tartan and his minis look fantastic. He has a channel where he does other stuff as well, not sure if he has done any other GB related tutorials...