Lena

The Faithful - New Beginnings

I still kinda' wish they would restrict tournament teams to 1 Captain, 1Mascot and X (6-8) "Squaddie"..

While I understand it's to allow flexibility into certain unfavourable match ups, taking two captains never made sense to me.. (primarily for lore / fluff reasons) 

Being a Mason's player i am really hoping that vChisel is going to be more playable than the current Chisel. Her and Granite are two players that i really want to get more play out of but given my only games seem to be tournament games its hard to just throw them in without any practice. 

Saying that it will also be interesting to see what sSpigot and vFangtooth bring to the Church as currently it looks to be more on the footballing side of the spectrum so it'll be interesting to see what they bring.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Redmaw said:

I still kinda' wish they would restrict tournament teams to 1 Captain, 1Mascot and X (6-8) "Squaddie"..

While I understand it's to allow flexibility into certain unfavourable match ups, taking two captains never made sense to me.. (primarily for lore / fluff reasons) 

Fluff-wise doesn't really seem to matter in the grand scheme of things. To make fluff match the gameplay, a player running Farmers should never playa against Snakeskin, for example. You wouldn't be allowed vet- and o-[Same Player] on the same roster. And Harry should NOT be playing on the Church team. (I actually am bothered by that one anyhow.)

Not allowing two captains on a ten-man roster might be fun in a variant tournament maybe. As a Butcher who prefers Ox, it would be a HUGE challenge into quite a few teams.

2 hours ago, Priesmal said:

Fluff-wise doesn't really seem to matter in the grand scheme of things. To make fluff match the gameplay, a player running Farmers should never playa against Snakeskin, for example. You wouldn't be allowed vet- and o-[Same Player] on the same roster. And Harry should NOT be playing on the Church team. (I actually am bothered by that one anyhow.)

I understand it would be largely impossible to balance a competitive game which directly follows the fluff in terms of which players are chronologically able to play against who.. 

I was meaning more the fact you are theoretically entering a tournament with a team that's led by "captain x" with the exception of that couple of matchups when you don't trust the abilities of your main captain and shuffle in "captain y"..

I don't know, that just seems weird to me..