Lena

The Faithful - New Beginnings

4 minutes ago, Lee said:

I never thought Sakana could look more handsome :wub:

And Spigot looks like Hearne's buff younger brother!:wub:

1 hour ago, Selfy said:

And Spigot looks like Hearne's buff younger brother!:wub:

Have you SEEN Hearne? He's like, 300lbs of muscle, and that's after losing the leg!

As an aside, I think it's a super interesting direction story-wise for Fangooth to become Solthecian. It could be foreboding and ominous considering Benediction's particular brand of faith, but also, someone so far gone finding personal peace could be in its own way poetic... There's so much story and world told just by looking at the progression of character art and I have to give SFG MAJOR props.

I play a handful of other (video) games that struggle to tell a half decent story with a roster of characters alongside making the games, and this is certainly something SFG isn't struggling with.

I'd love to see the day when they've grown enough to announce the official Guild Ball ongoing comic series, the potential is definitely there.

What I actually find somewhat strange is that they suddenly announce this, while during the UiC period we were told: you lost, you're not getting anything. Seems like we are, aren't we? :wacko: Anyhow, I'm not complaining! vChisel looks absolutely GORGEOUS! :wub:

Most of the UiC losers' questions were 'Will we be able to get these players / sculpts ever?' which was a resounding 'no'. As to whether the guild would get any other model releases, they were always a lot more careful about how they answered that question.

23 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Have you SEEN Hearne? He's like, 300lbs of muscle, and that's after losing the leg!

He's more akin to Corsair. Carrying excess baggage.

27 minutes ago, Selfy said:

He's more akin to Corsair. Carrying excess baggage.

679c955c0dae62f1f0a742088ff16550.jpglatest?cb=20170524165939

Nah, the shape language is different. Corsair's center is pushed forward, out of line with his head.

While Hearne's entire body is stable and squared off, he stands upright with no slouching or bulging. His belly only looks present due to the weight of the large medallion. Which is also consistent with Hearne's descriptions in the fluff.

" He towered over Theron, his shoulders broad and stature powerful, radiating vitality into the world around him. "
" ‘I am Hearne, Scion of the Father.’ His voice matched his appearance, deep and momentous enough to move mountains.  "

All this to say that yes. sSpigot looks like Hearne's buff younger brother, but also that buffness gotta run in that family.

15 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

679c955c0dae62f1f0a742088ff16550.jpglatest?cb=20170524165939

Nah, the shape language is different. Corsair's center is pushed forward, out of line with his head.

While Hearne's entire body is stable and squared off, he stands upright with no slouching or bulging. His belly only looks present due to the weight of the large medallion. Which is also consistent with Hearne's descriptions in the fluff.

" He towered over Theron, his shoulders broad and stature powerful, radiating vitality into the world around him. "
" ‘I am Hearne, Scion of the Father.’ His voice matched his appearance, deep and momentous enough to move mountains.  "

All this to say that yes. sSpigot looks like Hearne's buff younger brother, but also that buffness gotta run in that family.

Well, I can certainly see your point, but a few more pictures and further detail would really, clinch it for me.

4 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Veteran Cinder? She just came out!

Hold your horses! Afraid you have to wait until July. It will give you time to budget for buying all those other teams to make this box worth your while!  Then you need to arrange an 8 day week to find time to play them. B)

3 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

Most of the UiC losers' questions were 'Will we be able to get these players / sculpts ever?' which was a resounding 'no'. As to whether the guild would get any other model releases, they were always a lot more careful about how they answered that question.

“So from a certain point of view what I told you was correct”. 🙂

Nice to see more Blacksmiths. I know I just got them... but new things in the future is good to look forward to; especially with a Minor Guild probably far away.

Also, these Solthecians intrigue me... getting to be a good range of them in the Union now!

After looking at the art a little more, Why do I have the feeling that Veteran Chisel and Veteran Sakana are going to be captains? Chisel looks more in control of herself and way more confident while wearing a "Honour style" uniform (Meanwhile Honour is out of the guild) and Sakana has the look of a man who is carrying a HUGE burden and now carrying a flag.

2 hours ago, Philthy Lad said:

After looking at the art a little more, Why do I have the feeling that Veteran Chisel and Veteran Sakana are going to be captains? Chisel looks more in control of herself and way more confident while wearing a "Honour style" uniform (Meanwhile Honour is out of the guild) and Sakana has the look of a man who is carrying a HUGE burden and now carrying a flag.

I'm not super invested in either character but I would be super excited if that were true.

34 minutes ago, Benjo3000 said:

I really don’t see that they will randomly be giving a couple of guilds extra captains, that would be a huge advantage and unbalance those teams. 

This ^^ 

Only Union have three and they won't for long, Captains are a Guilds strongest Player and having three options Is huge when coming up with a Ten.

5 hours ago, Kueller said:
6 hours ago, Benjo3000 said:

I really don’t see that they will randomly be giving a couple of guilds extra captains, that would be a huge advantage and unbalance those teams. 

This ^^ 

Only Union have three and they won't for long, Captains are a Guilds strongest Player and having three options Is huge when coming up with a Ten.

I don't think so. Especially since the is a very good possibility that draft rules will change to allow only 8 player per team, which will even the drafting process for minor guilds. 

If the rules go to 8 man, even holding 2 captain in your 8 will be hindering you options. Example, I hold Honour and Hammer. This leave just 6 slots available for squaddies and mascots. I take Marbles and Brick and I'm down to just four options. usually those options might be mallet, flint, Tower and Harmony. having just those options leave my tournament options rather flat. nothing can spike my captain's potential or cover their weakness.

Also, having an additional captian is a great way to increase the usefulness of other squaddies that don't see the pitch.

This applied to 10 man drafts which is why even union having 3 captains you never see them take the three captains in their 10. 10-3(captains)-1(mascot) leaves you with again a sub optimal 6 slots to round out your 10.

Also, adding more squaddies to team will at some point make the teams too bloated. It reminds me of the WarmaHordes effect. too much filler. If anyone remembers the Apotheosis expansion had a longer more positive change to the game, than all the units and solos to the game did

Also, I was just stating that they look like they will be captains, but we won't know until Season 4

6 minutes ago, Philthy Lad said:

I don't think so. Especially since the is a very good possibility that draft rules will change to allow only 8 player per team, which will even the drafting process for minor guilds. 

If the rules go to 8 man, even holding 2 captain in your 8 will be hindering you options. Example, I hold Honour and Hammer. This leave just 6 slots available for squaddies and mascots. I take Marbles and Brick and I'm down to just four options. usually those options might be mallet, flint, Tower and Harmony. having just those options leave my tournament options rather flat. nothing can spike my captain's potential or cover their weakness.

Also, having an additional captian is a great way to increase the usefulness of other squaddies that don't see the pitch.

This applied to 10 man drafts which is why even union having 3 captains you never see them take the three captains in their 10. 10-3(captains)-1(mascot) leaves you with again a sub optimal 6 slots to round out your 10.

Also, adding more squaddies to team will at some point make the teams too bloated. It reminds me of the WarmaHordes effect. too much filler. If anyone remembers the Apotheosis expansion had a longer more positive change to the game, than all the units and solos to the game did

Also, I was just stating that they look like they will be captains, but we won't know until Season 4

Defo don't think Rosters will be changing to Eight Players, they have already given a buff to Minors for their lack of Players.

SFG already said several times that Isn't the answer to reduce Rosters choice with It being the same as Minors.

1 hour ago, Philthy Lad said:

You can only take 2 captains in your 10. That is why you don't see three.