Jotnebane

Veteran Cinder

Might sound stupid but in the original artwork for Cinder she looks black.  Dreadlocks, darker skin, brown lips, etc. and now she has a croptop and looks white.  ???  Not trying to start a racial issue but what’s up with the Michael Jackson effect?

3 hours ago, Unlock Gaur said:

Might sound stupid but in the original artwork for Cinder she looks black.  Dreadlocks, darker skin, brown lips, etc. and now she has a croptop and looks white.  ???  Not trying to start a racial issue but what’s up with the Michael Jackson effect?

When I go to Spain on Summer holidays I become quite brown, but when I get back to London I go veeery white. 3 weeks ago I had one haircut and this week a different one. Maybe she is spending less time in front of a forge and the sun and decided to get a new haircurt:P

I'm really excited about the prospect of this. I think it's possible we could have the hearth/alloy auto lock spot see some competition with furnace/vet cinder. With innate 2" on an apprentice, still apparently some fire effect, and the opportunity to take tooled up over instruction, it could add some variety. 

I think cinder is a good option for a vet apprentice model. Her current version is one of the few apprentices who can manage with minimal inf and will probably retain a place because of how unique she is. Presenting a choice between that and a solid 4 inf sink beater model with 2" seems like a fun design space.

And being attached to a master as well rounded as Furnace will make at least one of her versions an attractive option into a wide variety of matchups. 

53 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

They also suggested that she might be "losing" her master.

I guess that would be the Kindled [Furnace] trait. 

1 hour ago, Rugi said:

I hope soooooo much that her javelin or whatever indicates she will be able to Drag :) 

At the very least get a 2" melee.
Corsair style drag and crowd-out games with access to Tooled Up, Dirty Knives, Sentinel, added damage when on fire for Cast and several models with high momentous damage might be a bit much.

Loss of crossbow would suggest the loss of a ranged attack. But perhaps she gains 2"melee. That would make the UM more reliable/useful.

@Jotnebane Maybe she brings her own matches so doesn't need the 'Kindled' [Furnace} trait.;)

9 hours ago, The Old Buzzard said:

But perhaps she gains 2"melee. That would make the UM more reliable/useful.

I think she will be losing UM If she has a 2" Melee.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Kueller said:

I think she will be losing UM If she has a 2" Melee.

Agreed. I could see her picking up shadow like. Shifting her from a backline to a Frontline role while retaining some of the slippery-ness.