Jotnebane

Veteran Chisel

1 hour ago, Nykolae said:

I'm hoping she takes after her Energetic Darling rookie type. Honour-lite, with a touch of Flint, at 2" melee. 

I'm hoping this with the ability to bash if it's needed. I might be crazy but I kind of hope she's a captain. I know it's unlikely but one can hope!

Just paid 50 for 2 models in the Exile pack, now another 50 for 1 figure because the other guilds I don't have. This is becoming the GW-nightmare all over again. :(

1 minute ago, alopex said:

Just paid 50 for 2 models in the Exile pack, now another 50 for 1 figure because the other guilds I don't have. This is becoming the GW-nightmare all over again. :(

No local players that would like to share a box? I've also seen a lot of traffic on the FB pages, so you might just be able to get one there.

4 minutes ago, alopex said:

just get the model on ebay when it is released or split it with some guys from a local group or shop. I'll be using ebay as most of the people in my area have 4-5 guilds and too much overlap.

I need V Minx, V Decimate from box 1 and now I will need V Chisel and V Cinder from this box. so ebay it is.

If it was only these two boxes, it would be acceptable. But it became a business policy (one GW also used, 4 soldiers needed for a unit and blisters with 3 so you always had to buy 2 blisters). If you want to start with a minor guild and you don't play the major guild, you will need to buy at least one 6-pack of the major guild. When they play really dirty they take 1 model from each major guild pack leaving you with 10 models you don't want.

This way this game becomes very expensive and I left the GW games for that reason alone.

9 hours ago, digitalgenepool said:

I'm hoping this with the ability to bash if it's needed. I might be crazy but I kind of hope she's a captain. I know it's unlikely but one can hope!

A 2" captain would be awesome. 

to be honest, would want chisel to be our third captain. I'd much prefer either Veteran Hammer or a completely new Character in a third Masons box in the future.

I want a version of Chisel that wouldn't invalidate oChisel completely.  So probably more support, even more dodgy, and a better ball player.  This way, when they finally fix oChisel, we'll have 2 very distinct versions of Chisel to play.

They already have the ground work for chisle with the rookie cards. Make O chisle the Beaty version and Vet chisle as the football version. Just balance appropriately for competitive play.

On 26/04/2018 at 5:54 PM, Jotnebane said:

If the exiles are anything to go by there is a good chance she won’t be terrible. 

She might actually be good. 

Have you seen vHonour and vGutter? I think you need to add "...but just as likely to be dull and uninspired" to that last sentence.

12 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

Have you seen vHonour and vGutter? I think you need to add "...but just as likely to be dull and uninspired" to that last sentence.

I'll take dull and uninspired over unused.

But off course I'm hoping for fresh exiting and with tons of cool jank.

A captain style vChisel, 2" melee, furious, and some nice heroic AND legendary play ;)

That's a mighty fine hammer.

812320812_ScreenShot2018-06-05at17_08_20.png.937d02c9198a9af18944a560c99e8cc2.png

I hope she's a beater.
Hopefully with a threat range of more than 10"
A reachable push or push/dodge so you can beat models into Hammers threat range.
A natural high TAC, and not Crazy. They can leave Crazy for o.Chisel when the redo her for S4.

3 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

812320812_ScreenShot2018-06-05at17_08_20.png.937d02c9198a9af18944a560c99e8cc2.png

I hope she's a beater.
A reachable push or push/dodge so you can beat models into Hammers threat range.
A natural high TAC, and not Crazy. They can leave Crazy for o.Chisel when the redo her for S4.

Tell me she doesn't look like Sakana in that photo.

7 minutes ago, landstander said:

Tell me she doesn't look like Sakana in that photo.

You mean o.Sakanas pose with his weapon over the shoulder?

I would not say that she looks like him, but there are certainly similarities. 
466844142_chiselsakana.jpg.8f2953f3c92f4b9ea396ad2145821c0a.jpg

2 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

You mean o.Sakanas pose with his weapon over the shoulder?

I would not say that she looks like him, but there are certainly similarities. 
466844142_chiselsakana.jpg.8f2953f3c92f4b9ea396ad2145821c0a.jpg

Ok, well, "looks like" might've been too specific. But the pose is nearly the same, with long weapon up on shoulder, feet planted roughly shoulder width apart, empty hand in line with legs at the side, next to the thigh. What I immediately noticed was the dangly ends of the sash from the belt. There are some other superficial similarities, such as the metallic chest piece, one shoulder with a guard, the metallic knee guards. I mean, yeah, he's got like ~20kg on her, and his head is more up than hers, but her artwork definitely looks Sakana inspired.

2 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

I hope she's a beater.

I also still don't see any chisels, unless they're behind her like Honour - Chisel has no chisels. And she's also carrying another single handed hammer on her hip.