So after an enjoyable game with a borrowed Brewer team I decided to temporarily betray the Fish and have a drink or two.

I have picked up for myself the season 1 line up from a Kick Off box and a vDecimate (because I'm not mad nor drunk enough to want to use Stave) so I'm rolling with the Tapper, Scum, Friday, oSpigot, vDecimate and Hooper.

My general Guild Ball go to plan is a 3-0 (because Fish) but the line up feels very much geared for a 2-2 baseline with the option to push quite comfortably to a 3-0 or even a 1-4 (opponent depending). Tapper, Hooper and oSpigot have their usual order of activation issues but the inclusion of vDecimate feels a bit more freeing as she can be used as a setup or a finisher as needed when focusing on brawling (plus the joys of adding Stagger to the Scum missile) and then also provide a fast winger/secondary goal scorer when playing ball.

I'm thinking that Friday and vDecimate will play out on a wing each. Tapper, Hooper and Scum will play in the centre whilst oSpigot roams and fills in gaps as needed

Sounds like a plan, be wary of letting Spigot get to close to the enemy, a wily opponent will focus on him if given the chance.  I generally keep him behind the lines, but on the look out for chances to swoop in for the kill - he can do a shocking amount of damage once CA and Floored are active.

28 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Sounds like a plan, be wary of letting Spigot get to close to the enemy, a wily opponent will focus on him if given the chance.  I generally keep him behind the lines, but on the look out for chances to swoop in for the kill - he can do a shocking amount of damage once CA and Floored are active.

I know poor Spigot's short comings well, he used to be who my Shark Fish would pick on for momentum and good dodge setups when going into Brewers. That said he is still one of the best models the Brewers have access to. One of the reasons I want him as a more roaming based tool rather than having a specific role/position to cover is down to the fact that people will pick on him more than anyone else except maybe the cat.

The beauty of it all is that vDecimate really frees up the need lean heavily on oSpigot to make the football game work. He really could spend the early game just cruising at the back and passing out a tooled up to Hooper or Scum and then waiting for the right moment to be brought up.

Also I wouldn't recommend playing Friday on the wing: keep her close to Spigot to get protected. She might also occasionally appreciate his Heroic for the goal run for extra range and/or maneuverability, or you may use her in a scrum to spread out Dirty Knives triggered from a KD opponent.  

Friday on one of the wings however reduces the odds that the opponent will get good payoff from doing the cheeky kick off where the ball is kicked out to the wing just along the goal line. Also in general on kick off she is one of the few Brewers that can get the ball into the line and generate Momentum doing so.