Posted this on Facebook but thought I would post this here too. 

Ok so while I do like vet Honour and the harvest maker manipulation she brings, she doesn't have really have a wow factor. I also feel that she is very similar to millstone in her states and playbook results. So with this in mind I thought up some ideas to differentiate her a bit from milestone and give her a bit of a wow factor.

First off is giving her tac 5. The dog is already giving her a crowd out so this is a good way if showing a gang up with out writing unnecessary text and is flavourful to the model.

Secondly there has been a lot of talk of wanting her to give out a dodge to models on her team. While I agree that farmers struggle with out of activation positioning I feel that this encroaches a bit on milestones design space due to her get out and let's be honest, thresher doesn't need another threat extension. Therefor I thought about a 'reverse' millstone effect.

Round 'em up: 4" pulse 
All models within the pulse suffer a 2" push towards this model. 

This would either be a heroic play or a  1 cost character play that targets self or a harvest marker in 2" depending on how powerful it ends up being. Preferably a heroic as it would be harder to use it as a threat extender on turn 1. I feel that this would help with the farmers positioning game especially in a grange team where they want to keep models in his honest labour aura. It is also very thematic as you can imagine the dog running round herding people in like a sheepdog would.

So while I still like the current version and will probably take her in my 10 (if I can work out who to drop) this is what I would personally do to make her a bit more unique and flavourful. Let me know what you think.

While I see that improving her a bit would make her more viable on the 10 I think the focus should be on how to use her and not what would have make good enough to be used more.

As it is she's not that good and I doubt she'll get into most 10s unless one want her for mirror matches where Fields of Wheat could be used to steal your opponents harvest markers. The way I see it the biggest reason to put her in the 10 is because you do not want to get into a mirror match where your opponent has her and starts removing your HM and putting them down again as their own without being able to do the same to them.

As for using her she either replaces millstone if your going into a team that doesn't have a lot of conditions, or Harrow if you don't need the healing or tooled up, possiably going into shark fish.

46 minutes ago, Wild Rose said:

It's been ruled the fields if wheat is friendly harvest markers as of yesterday 

So much for trying to keep up with the rulings. 

On 4/21/2018 at 2:05 AM, Wild Rose said:

As for using her she either replaces millstone if your going into a team that doesn't have a lot of conditions, or Harrow if you don't need the healing or tooled up, possiably going into shark fish.

I think her speed and 1" reach might keep me from picking her into Shark fish