Sharky

Looking tobeabetter Alchs player

So I have played a few different teams never being truly happy .

I am looking to devote my time and energy into alchemists. I predominantly play against Morticians, engineers, masons and blacksmiths ...in that order

Wondered what would be suggested to go against these teams. Or any things I should be prepared for /not take into these teams.

I like Midas but have yet to make him click. I love Katalyst either version Vitriol never seems to pay off for me but that could be cause I am using midas poorly. 

I'll help you out with alchemists.

Here is who I am.

Here is my YouTube Channel where I played a lot of competitive Alchemists against some of the best players in the world.

Me playing what I consider the current best Smoke list.

Me playing Post errata Midas.

Here is GBG Episode 1 which talks about Vitriol's kick off pressure. It is a bit out dated since she was errated but I'm sure you can get some value out of it. 

At the end of my WTC Blog I talk about the Smoke skew a bit.

Talking about Alchemists on Strictly the Worst. (Pre Errata)

Talking about Alchemists on Rage Quit Wire. (Post Errata)

Below are some of my best Alchemist related posts.

If you have any questions about alchemists I will do my best to answer them here, but no promises I don't watch the forums super well. A better place to ask me questions is Twitter @TheCurkov.

Hope this helps.

-Vincent Curkov

@TheCurkov could you comment on Harry vs Decimate in a Smoke list? I'm learning to play Alchemists and have been finding your posts and videos very useful, thanks!

So Harry vs Decimate in Smoke.

They are about equal in how good they are in Smoke. Decimate really helps the Corsair match up allowing you to second wind calculus. This lets you blind corsair then walk back behind the obstruction so he can't drag you. Harry brings the extra fire AOE and a second knockdown to the list. This gives you a lot more flexibility with your turn one smoke AOE movement . There is also some potential in playing Harry in to grace that I began to explore since it forces them to pick up the poison AOE to prevent you from having both conditions. 

But the reason that I play Decimate over Harry is that I play Midas into two match ups and Harry almost does nothing for the Midas list while decimate is decent at going after the ball and has reliable damage.

On 4/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, TheCurkov said:

But the reason that I play Decimate over Harry is that I play Midas into two match ups and Harry almost does nothing for the Midas list while decimate is decent at going after the ball and has reliable damage.

Ah, yeah, that absolutely makes sense. Thanks for your input.

@TheCurkov today we could say that the best roster of 10 is Smoke, Midas, Naja, Mercury, Calculus, Compaund, Okat, Vetkat, Vitriol, Decimate ?

Flask without sick em I believe that at this moment naja is in a better position

And Decimate is over all union picks

1 hour ago, Chapuzas said:

@TheCurkov today we could say that the best roster of 10 is Smoke, Midas, Naja, Mercury, Calculus, Compaund, Okat, Vetkat, Vitriol, Decimate ?

Flask without sick em I believe that at this moment naja is in a better position

And Decimate is over all union picks

I would largely agree. I am still very much on the flask train for the influence efficiency with smoke. 

Gone back to my Alchemist team after my Fish morphed into a doing nothing team

Is there any merit in considering Hemlocke in a Smoke only line up or does Decimates utility and finishing damage trump a 2nd cloud and Blind ?

Currently running Harry but bar cheap Fire I'm just not feeling the Hat

Everything that hemlock can do calculus can do and she is significantly more durable. Double blind sounds cool but you don’t have the influence to fuel it. Harry is ok but I really think Decimate is where the Value is at this point. 

I got Decimate on the pitch today. Was playing with a new player running kick off Masons. I took Midas as I thought a Smoke attrition list wouldn't be much fun for a new player.

I definitely noticed how well Decimate hits that sweet momentous damage - this is something I've found the Alchs severely lacking (hope vCalc or minor guild players will fill the role in the future). I had her playing tag along with Midas via Lure of Gold and she could just walk into Melee and convert 4 INF to 4 MOM/8 damage  every turn. Obviously this would be harder against a more experienced opponent, but I was really pleased with her.

2 hours ago, DanB said:

I had her playing tag along with Midas via Lure of Gold 

Lure of Gold is Guild only, so that's been a misplay! ;)

3 hours ago, Nykolae said:

Lure of Gold is Guild only, so that's been a misplay! ;)

Oooops! Thanks for the correction.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:06 AM, TheCurkov said:

Everything that hemlock can do calculus can do and she is significantly more durable. Double blind sounds cool but you don’t have the influence to fuel it. Harry is ok but I really think Decimate is where the Value is at this point. 

Gave Decimate a run out against Farmers, didn't 2nd Wind much but Decimate did a fine job of poking holes in that forker Harrow, admittedly Grange then squished her but figured was a fair trade, definitely felt I had more options than with Hat