Sign in to follow this  
Luthon1234

Farmers Matchup?

Hey guys ever since the 2nd farmers box came out I've been losing to them every game I go up against them. I know they got nerfed recently but thresher tater and millstone are still extremely good.

So whats our counter to them if we even have one? I've been thinking my positioning has been bad when I played against them but the game just feels like its over when thresher is in my lines and popping legendary.

My tournament 10 that I use (before Vgutter) is:

Fillet, Ox, princess, boiler, meathook, boar, brisket,vbrisket, shank, and decimate.

My limited experience into them has been to run Fillet and try to kill faster, but they're tough, no doubt!

Fillet is fast enough to get back in if Thresher crushes her, can throw a bit of ranged damage - althought Millstone is a dick if paired with the death-chicken

I always pick Ox for Farmers. 

Focus your play entierly on defence. 

Yes he will probably take out a model with Thresher, but then u come in and take him out. Try to get into a sacrum but on your terms. Use either Brisket or Shank to tie up Tater to prevent Counter. 

I usually pick Ox, Boiler, Princess, Boar, Meathook and a flex out of Brisket/vBrisket/Shank may try vGutter now that she is here.  

I have been finding that briskets have a rough time dealing with Tater and Jackstraw. They have ofc other utilities too but worth considering. Shank have been good as the goal threat (and fillet ofc)

Def3 models are also very risky, as both Thresher and Tater are very good at deleting them. Ofc Boar likes hitting farmer defensive stat lines too, but Jackstraw can shut down Boar pretty good if he wants to. 

In my 4-5 ish games I have felt that both Fillet and Ox are pretty even, different strengths and weaknesses into the farmers. 

If someone would wake me in the middle of the night and ask for a 6 to run into Farmers, I would respond Ox, Princess, Boiler, Meathook, Shank, vGutter. If it is objectively the best 6 is another matter. 

Just my personal observations FWIW

I know Boar can be controlled, but that is just why i take him. If my opponent is spending inf controlling Boar he isnt controlling Ox, Boiler, Meathook aor Fillet if i run her with Boar. 

I try to essentially use Boar weakness to further my gameplan. 

I tried to use Tenderiser to force Thresher to pick less optimal choices for his takeouts. I think the strategy is sound, but I discovered you need to be very careful with placements to avoid blocking his charge lanes.

I also built a team that tried to go for goals rather than takeouts, but I'm not sure this was the best strategy, as giving Thresher access to the ball just makes him even more mobile.

Anyway, that's just some early thoughts - I've only played against them once now with Butchers.