Sign in to follow this  
IHatethePuppy

Scalpel's time is now!

So I played a game last weekend against Mike Klein from anatomical precision playing scalpel with v hemlocke into ballista engineers and I was VERY impressed with how much Hemlocke improves scalpel.  I think with the upgrade midnight offering brings to Scalpel she may finally be good enough to consider in a few more match ups.  As is I think I like her into blacksmiths, engineers, and alchemists (specifically smoke but I assume thats what they'll drop into us 70+% of the time)  expect a more detailed write up as I test her into more teams, but everyone let me know what you like scalpel into! 

I started playing Morticians at the beginning of the year and leaned on Obulus pretty heavy in the start. With the new Game Plan Decks coming out and VHemlocke Scalpel has become my favorite. Her jogging 21in a turn is hilarious and has made her a much better goal threat with ease. Also, I find she is also a much smaller toll on my clock time as you don't get the stress of all the options that Puppet Master brings. I just play her based on my plan and its worked out great.

I've played her into Alchs twice and she just wrecked shop. On average she is scoring me 6 points alone with usually one take and one goal at a minimum. She is also a great target for Bonesaw to bounce off of.

Loved playing Scalpel since the nerf hammer was swung at the Morts. Rarely play Obulus, and those new "toys" are just what was needed for their gameplan.

Going to be getting some good play time with her this weekend at Spring Fling. Hope to run her as much as possible along with Pelage/Bonesaw/oGraves.

When Vhemlocke comes in she will be a definite add to her normal 6 as well.

Agreed. The exiles in general will shake up the meta a little. 

V.Hemlocke does play well for both captains but especially for scapel. Interestingly i think you want to be kicking with scapel and it is still match up dependant.

1 hour ago, Jynxed85 said:

That was me! I played her 5 times this weekend. It threw off my first few opponents. Going to try an do a write up later today.

If you don't mind me asking.  What does your typical Scalpel team look like?

What I have had the best success with so far has been:

Scalpel/Dirge/Silence/oGraves/Pelage/Bonesaw.

I play an aggressive football game. Everyone except Silence has a Tackles on 1 or 2. Combine that with a lot of 3/6 which for us Morts is above average. Receiving I score a turn 1 goal with Bonesaw around 90% of the time.

Once VHemlocke comes out I will have to test who I am dropping in this line up. I lean toward Silence since his T is on 5.

Also, looking to switch out Dirge for Vileswarm since most of the time the bird does not really do much besides be a target to pass to once in a few games.