Sign in to follow this  
Pinball

Thoughts on a Tournament 10

Butchers are my current go-to team. With the full roster to choose from, I always struggle to narrow it down to a tournament 10, and even moreso with Vet. Gutter on the horizon (played her in a friendly last night, ooft!). I know there's a few topics floating around on this, but I think there's scope for a Boiler-less 10-player roster - but does that mean no Princess as well?

Pre-Veteran Gutter, I'm looking at:

Ox, Fillet (my preferred Captain), Truffles/Princess (single mascot preferred), Meathook, Shank, Boar, Tenderiser, Vet. Ox, Brisket, Vet. Brisket

Shank, Meathook & a Brisket provide goal threat under either captain

Tenderiser comes in against Football teams other than Fish. 

Boar does Boar things, but possibly means I need Vet. Brisket for 'Quick Time'

Meathook provides the bit of damage-buff that Boiler would have brought.

So mascot choice? Princess makes a nice place to park the ball, and 'Loved Creature' can make some players scared to hit her, but Truffles gives that early KD, Sturdy, ... without Boiler, does the pig make the 10? Or is it just daft to go for a 10 without the crutch-pair??

Post Vet. Gutter, the 10 probably loses a Brisket, but not sure which one...

IMG-20180114-WA0012.jpg

i dunno I'd drop tenderiser before I would drop either of the briskets. Its a shame but I really feel like Tenderiser doesnt really help even against the teams hes suppose to be good against.

2 hours ago, Luthon1234 said:

i dunno I'd drop tenderiser before I would drop either of the briskets. Its a shame but I really feel like Tenderiser doesnt really help even against the teams hes suppose to be good against.

Tenderiser is useful against players on the mid-tables around my meta, and he's a handy quick activation to draw someone out - but I can see the value of both Briskets as well. Need to run it at a couple of tournaments to see who makes the drop though.

I have an even harder time justifying Tenderizer standing around and costing me an influence a turn now when there are plot cards that can reduce it further. 

All I want for him is to be 2/4.

Also, I have an hard time thinking of Butcher line ups before Gutter release :lol: Can't wait. 

I'm currently running Filet, Ox, Princess, Meathook, Boiler, oBrisket, vBrisket, Tenderiser, Boar & Shank. I'll probably drop oBrisket for vGutter when she's out. 

50 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

I'm currently running Filet, Ox, Princess, Meathook, Boiler, oBrisket, vBrisket, Tenderiser, Boar & Shank. I'll probably drop oBrisket for vGutter when she's out. 

Similar to my initial tourney 10 - never sure about including Vet. Ox - he tends to grab me a goal every other game that he plays, but he's disappointing more often than not (probably more my play-style!).

I think oBrisket might be the one to go - Dirty Knives is nice, but vBr brings the extra influence & buy-able dodge!