Sign in to follow this  
mirparx

My first real game yesterday :)

Hello,

I've got my real first game yesterday. I did a demo (3vs 3 ) a couple of years ago ( still  season 1 ) then GB disappeared from my area.

Now it seems to start reappearing, and I did a demo (3 vs 3 ) last month and finally a real match (6 vs 6 ) yesterday against  brewers.

I was playing the 6 season1 players ( still have to mount season 2) so Midas, flask, mercury, Vitriol, oKatalyst and Calculus).

If I'm not wrong my opponent was fielding Esters, Scum, Mash,Spigot, Stoker, PintPot

It was a very nice game. We stopped, as it was too late , when on a 5-5 he failed a snap shot, ball to Midas that with his incredible 20" goal threat scores the 9-5.

Thinking to yesterday's game  I have some noob questions for you :) :

- does Kicking with Seismic Kick require 2 inf ( 1 for the play, 1 for the kick?)

- as lure of gold allow a jog, if the target is engaged will get a free hit if moving out of enemy engagement zone?

- Clone will end at end of turn... so it is usually good to have Vitriol activating at the beginning  of the turn?

- Is gluttonous mass for Esters ignoring every result of an attack, also a T? and in case of an AOE play ( like Fire Blast ) does she ignore everything but the AOE is placed, or not even placed?

Sorry for all these questions :)

Mirko

Welcome the game! I'm glad you had fun playing :D

1. Seismic Kick only requires 1 inf for the kick: "This model may a kick during it's activation without spending influence" However, if you use the Kick to make a shot on the goal, you will still need to spend the 1 momentum.

2. Yes, as Lure of Gold is a jog, all parting blows will get resolved as usual

3. When to activation Vitriol is an interesting topic. She's a striker so she'll want to activate, either when she has the ball, or when she can get the ball. Clone is great for defence after a goal run, but it's not a reason to activate her too early.

4. Yes. Ongoing AOEs are always placed on the pitch regards as to whether they hit or not. In Esters case, with Glut Mass, she will ignore the hit effect of the AOE, but the AOE will still hit other targets, and it will still get placed on the pitch. It's also worth noting that you will still need to roll to hit Esters as Glut Mass will only get triggered on a successful hit. However, it is still worth pointing out that if you use a Character Play or attack that targets Esters, you will still need to roll to hit as Glut Mass will only get triggered on a successful hit.

Glutonous Mass doesn't ignore the hit effect of the AOE, as you are not targeting a specific model with it - or am I wrong?

9 minutes ago, Michał said:

Glutonous Mass doesn't ignore the hit effect of the AOE, as you are not targeting a specific model with it - or am I wrong?

Good point, I'll fix my post.

37 minutes ago, Michał said:

wow, that's true! that's an interesting option :)

Yes, I used to think throwing AOE on Esters or Compound triggers Glut Mass when you hit. It's worth knowing that it does not.