Sign in to follow this  
Jynxed85

VHemlocke Play Test

Ran through a game with VHemlocke this weekend and boy was she fun. Played into Alchemists.

Line ups: Scalpel/Dirge/VHemlocke/oGraves/Ghast/Bonesaw.

Midas/Naja/Venin/Calculus/Mercury/CompoundL

Lost the roll off and kicked off with Scalpel right on the edge of the pitch. My opponent deployed pretty cramped up in the middle and had no one able to retrieve the ball.

Turn 1. Calculus sprints up and drops a poison on Ghast triggering Rising Anger. VHemlocke takes 3 from Soul seer jogs up. Midnights Offering onto Scalpel putting her over the halfway line of the pitch. Mercury comes up and drops an aoe on Scalpel. Scalpel goes clearing conditions and gliding through the forest. popping her legendary to pull in Mercury. Few 1dmg Push/Dodges. Kicks back to Graves. Midas come sup and Lures Mercury away. Graves passes to Bonesaw. Compound moves up and H Odor. Bonesaw sprints up passes to Scalpel, Dodges up, Dervish back to Bonesaw, Dodge up goal range and out of Odor. Shoots and scores! He kicks it out to open behind Calculus. Morts 4-0

Turn 2. Win Initiative playing Grudge Match. Put SO on Mercury. He put SO on Bonesaw. OGraves goes up and dings Mercury a bunch. Calculus throws Blind on Ghast and I forgot to trigger Fear! VHemlocke again takes 3 to Midnight Scalpel up. Midas goes back to get the ball and fails a kick to Calculus. Ghast stumbles forward blindly. Scalpel walks into base with Compound. Knocks off Glut Mass. His counter attack whiffs. Scalpel 1dmg and push/dodge him away from goal disengaging on the last attack. Then she heroics for the free second wind and jogs into possession of the ball a few inches away from the goal. Bonesaw plays tag with Venin and Naja. His defense 5 makes it difficult for the 2 to hurt him and I kept moving away from Venin so the snake didnt get its dmg bonuses. My opponent couldnt land any parting blows on Bonesaw due to Offensive and Slippery making him Def 6.  Morts 4-0.

Turn 3. Win initiative with stick to the plan. Scalpel goes first. Generates MOM off Scalpel. Dodges back into Tap in and scores. He kicks it out to Midas. Again he spends some activations onto Bonesaw with Venin and Naja. Trying to get some MOM and at best landing 1-2 net hits. Vhemlocke heals herself. Sprints up with her one INF. Soul Seers herself and bonus times a Blind onto Midas and landing it! Mercury dies to oGraves. Compound just has a bad day engaged by VHemlocke/Graves and Ghast. Midas being blind and near no one was unable to do anything. Morts 10-0.

At this point my opponent conceded and we talked a bit after the game. He realized he spent way to much effort into Bonesaw and netting him no MOM. He also on deployment should have spread out a little more.

VHemlocke didnt make one attack but set up Scalpel to do her dirty work on two turns and blinding Midas with a clutch Blind that only cost her 3 life and one MOM for the bonus time.I really like her with Scalpel as Scalpel could jog 21inches a turn. It made a huge impact on the kick off to be able to get the ball back with little impunity. 

VHemlocke definitely makes the team faster. She allows scalpel to pretty much threaten the whole field. Scalpels biggest weakness is the counterattack, being pushed out of melee can really ruin her activation, but with midnight offering from VHemlocke, Scalpel has the potential to start her activation engaged. If the counterattack pushes her out, then she can walk right back in and deal her damage and build MP then second wind out of there if needed.

With the lose of Mist right around the corner, Mortician will be down their most powerful striker. VHemlocke doesn't replace Mist, but she does bring a skill set that helps the fill that void. Instead of 1 great striker you now have several player that have the chance to get into the action quicker thanks to VHemlocke.

Got a second game in and my favorite play with her was Tackling the ball away from Flint. Passing the ball to Bonesaw. Then Might Offering after Soul Seer to have Bonesaw jog away to a spot to far away for the ball to be taken back. 

58 minutes ago, Jynxed85 said:

Got a second game in and my favorite play with her was Tackling the ball away from Flint. Passing the ball to Bonesaw. Then Might Offering after Soul Seer to have Bonesaw jog away to a spot to far away for the ball to be taken back. 

2x Tackle (close control), pass, and midnight offering? Thats 4 inf.

2 minutes ago, el009 said:

2x Tackle (close control), pass, and midnight offering? Thats 4 inf.

That indeed feels like a misplay in giving an INF 2/3 a total of 4 influence. Or maybe forgetting the Close Control?

Already a failed attempt at oGraves getting the ball away. Gave Graves 2inf forgetting about close control. So he triggered it on ihs first attempt and rather then having a dead ball on Graves I took a MOM 2 Dmg and bleed on the second.

2 minutes ago, Jynxed85 said:

Already a failed attempt at oGraves getting the ball away. Gave Graves 2inf forgetting about close control. So he triggered it on ihs first attempt and rather then having a dead ball on Graves I took a MOM 2 Dmg and bleed on the second.

Ok, makes sense now. Vemlocke just can't do it all on her own. I'd rather blind Flint and wish him good luck ;)

8 minutes ago, Nykolae said:

I'd rather just steal the ball away. I still have nightmares of Vitriol or Friday just scoring while with Smashed Shins...

I guess I didn't make that clear: provided I had 3 inf to spend I'd tackle Flint twice, pass the ball to someone and then blind the lovely Mason. With TAC reduced to 2 tackling would become quite hard for him ;)

I had VHemlocke loaded up with the intention of Blinding Honour who had a full stack to stop the beat down she was looking to set up onto Scalpel. It ended up being better setting up the second goal of the game with Bonesaw. Putting heavy pressure on my opponent since it put the game at 10-4.

vHemlocke is bonkers in Morts. Obulus with Midnight Offering and Puppet Master is so mobile! Repositioning Dirge for 1inf to make Cosset hit really hard is great as well. All the repositioning makes for a lot of fun and don't even get me started on Blind from 22" away :D Need to test the girly squad (Scalpel, Dirge, Cosset, Pelage, vHemlocke, flex), I was enjoying playing Scalpel but after her Legendary play she needs to pick her targets carefully. 

On 19/04/2018 at 9:37 AM, Edek said:

vHemlocke is bonkers in Morts. Obulus with Midnight Offering and Puppet Master is so mobile! Repositioning Dirge for 1inf to make Cosset hit really hard is great as well. All the repositioning makes for a lot of fun and don't even get me started on Blind from 22" away :D Need to test the girly squad (Scalpel, Dirge, Cosset, Pelage, vHemlocke, flex), I was enjoying playing Scalpel but after her Legendary play she needs to pick her targets carefully. 

As someone said earlier up this thread, if you use 'Midnight offering' to get her into BTB with her target she can get around that!

There are so many teams I want to practice with at the moment! To quote Peter Sellars: "So much to learn. So little time!":wacko::D