Jump to content

Recommended Posts

(1) Plouhgman places a rough groung AoE

(2) Honour uses Crofting Time and places a HM in the AoE, gaining +1 HM

(3) Honour then uses Fields of Wheat to remove one HM and place a new (!) HM in the rough ground.

QUESTION: does step (3) also result in +1 HM due to Fertile Soil, thereby generating 4 HM in total?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would only gain 3HM in total as ploughman play states when one or more, so similarly when jack straw does crop dusting and places 2 in the AOE only 1 extra HM is generated. So you would get 1 from crofting time 1 from ploughmans arua when crofting time is used and 1 from his aura when fields of wheat is used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wild Rose said:

You would only gain 3HM in total as ploughman play states when one or more, so similarly when jack straw does crop dusting and places 2 in the AOE only 1 extra HM is generated. So you would get 1 from crofting time 1 from ploughmans arua when crofting time is used and 1 from his aura when fields of wheat is used.

I do not think so. Step (2) and (3) are separate actions, and Honour does not shift HM, but removes and places new ones.

The situation can better be compared to Grange using Planting Season + Legendary in conjunction with Fertile Soil, which to my knowledge results in 5 HM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Commander Vimes said:

The situation can better be compared to Grange using Planting Season + Legendary in conjunction with Fertile Soil, which to my knowledge results in 5 HM.

That's a different situation. Below are the net changes to the Harvest Marker (HM) total

Grange example:

  • Planting Season: 1 new HM + 1 (for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Legendary: 2 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) ( Total 5)

vHonour:

  • Crofting time: 1 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Fields of Wheat: 0 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 3)

Fields of wheat doesn't create any new Harvest Markers, it only moves those that are currently on the pitch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ningu said:

That's a different situation. Below are the net changes to the Harvest Marker (HM) total

Grange example:

  • Planting Season: 1 new HM + 1 (for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Legendary: 2 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) ( Total 5)

vHonour:

  • Crofting time: 1 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Fields of Wheat: 0 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 3)

Fields of wheat doesn't create any new Harvest Markers, it only moves those that are currently on the pitch

 

I stand corrected. Thinking is quite hard sometimes ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ningu said:

Fields of wheat doesn't create any new Harvest Markers, it only moves those that are currently on the pitch

No, you remove the marker from the pitch and place a new one - you don't reposition the existing marker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Crofting will create 1 harvest marker in the AoE triggering Fertile Soil creating a second.

When Fields of Wheat is used the two markers can be removed and two new markers placed.

If any of those markers goes down in the AoE, Fertile Soil will trigger again, giving you a potential total of three harvest markers on the field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sid said:

No, you remove the marker from the pitch and place a new one - you don't reposition the existing marker.

I believe he meant that Fields of Wheat doesn't on it's own create a net increase in the number of harvest markers on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MechMage said:

I believe he meant that Fields of Wheat doesn't on it's own create a net increase in the number of harvest markers on the pitch.

Yeah, thanks, that's what I meant. Whilst you do remove and place new HMs, the total number doesn't change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ningu said:

Below are the net changes to the Harvest Marker (HM) total

vHonour:

  • Crofting time: 1 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Fields of Wheat: 0 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 3)

If the Harvest Markers are placed in a rough ground AOE positioned by a friendly Ploughman then this is correct.

4 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

So Crofting will create 1 harvest marker in the AoE triggering Fertile Soil creating a second.

When Fields of Wheat is used the two markers can be removed and two new markers placed.

If any of those markers goes down in the AoE, Fertile Soil will trigger again, giving you a potential total of three harvest markers on the field

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×