Banjulhu

The Navigator's Guild

1 minute ago, Lemminkäinen said:

Does the Guild look hideously powerful to anyone else? They seem to be a more durable and more mobile version of Shark-Fishermen. Which sounds really scary!

They have the major downside, however, of not getting to play Shark.

1 minute ago, Lemminkäinen said:

Does the Guild look hideously powerful to anyone else? They seem to be a more durable and more mobile version of Shark-Fishermen. Which sounds really scary!

Yes they are! Faced Fish with the 2 cross over players, no where is safe!

4 minutes ago, Lemminkäinen said:

Same here. They look too good, at least on paper.

Maybe they will force the opponent to go for goals themselves and it becomes a race of three goals vs two goals and two TOs. Overall, I like all the players and think they will make for interesting games. :)

4 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Post is back up on GUBS and has been authorised for release by pundits and the Media Network. Hopefully will be back here soon.

As soon as my phone stops giving me errors when I try to unhide it, it will...

I only got off my ass to take it down in the first place because it was removed from facebook :P

So Ebb is going to be hilarious into teams that like to spike damage (What's that Sledge momentous 7 damage? Nah i think I'll just take 2) but he has limits and I can see myself dropping him to have Angel every now and then.

Horizon is the only Navigator I'm not a fan of, but that's not a worry as I needed to drop someone to fit in oSiren anyway.

I think my go to team will be Windfinder, Wander, oSiren, Fathom, Azimuth and Ebb.

Also can we just have Kraken's card ripped up and replaced by Azimuth in season 4?

18 minutes ago, Ruffy said:

Maybe they will force the opponent to go for goals themselves and it becomes a race of three goals vs two goals and two TOs. Overall, I like all the players and think they will make for interesting games. :)

Actually the opposite will be true. Navigators literally make playing the ball pointless. So you're better off killing it hard and going for TOs and maybe an opportunistic snap back. I don't like where Navigators are going really.

Killing the ball is going to be the main goal against them and picking your target to TO. Their stats defensively are pretty bad. No armor anywhere and two models you will mainly ignore for attacking purposes. Lot of 1 in melee across the team. Debuffs will kill this team, so if you got them ya better use em'.

I wonder if the Guild Rule apllies only when they're in the specific guild. Would they loose it when they get called up? In alt formats (world cup)

1 minute ago, Redtiger7 said:

I wonder if the Guild Rule apllies only when they're in the specific guild. Would they loose it when they get called up? In alt formats (world cup)

They are just Character Traits on their cards so they would keep them.

5 hours ago, Redtiger7 said:

They keep them at all times. This was answered during the keynote. It’s on their card and always active. 

Yeah, these guys seem to me to be pretty clearly the most competitive minor guild designed so far. The major challenge with them seems like it's going to be when the enemy team manages to find a spot to kill the ball, at which point the guild isn't exactly going to be great at generating momentum to exert some control over the game, whereas Shark can generate 6 momentum while positioning to threaten the ball. I'm super excited though, they look crazy fun!

I think the base six is going to be Windfinder, Wander, Fathom, Ebb, Azimuth, and Siren with Horizon occasionally coming in for Azimuth and Angel not really seeing the pitch much until she gets a small bump in Season 4.

It's going to be tricky to find a spot at killing the ball with things like Azimoth's netted and Windfinders 6" KD. For me, they're going to be the most competitive minor guild so far. Theron is going to have to work overtime shooting people in the face.

They are not quite as squishy as I was expecting them to be from when they were spoiled in May where they were described as having "Low Resilience".

I think Navigators are easily a top tier team. Every player has such good plays, abilities or playbook. Combined with re-rolls...they are very powerful. Killing the ball will be hard but possibly your only option. People say they lack momentum - not sure this is entirely true but even if they go second who cares. My gut is they are top tier and maybe...a bit too good. Azimuth...jeesus christ. The base team without Siren is very good, add Siren (the best game disrupting Squaddie) and you have a silly good team. This team loves to kick - especially in S4 with a momentum.

Their captain gives Furious...bananas.

2 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I think Navigators are easily a top tier team. Every player has such good plays, abilities or playbook. Combined with re-rolls...they are very powerful. Killing the ball will be hard but possibly your only option. People say they lack momentum - not sure this is entirely true but even if they go second who cares. My gut is they are top tier and maybe...a bit too good. Azimuth...jeesus christ. The base team without Siren is very good, add Siren (the best game disrupting Squaddie) and you have a silly good team. This team loves to kick - especially in S4 with a momentum.

Their captain gives Furious...bananas.

I think they will be better at receiving rather than kicking because that makes a turn 1 goal more likely but at the same time they are they are one of the few teams that I think does not really care which way round the game starts

They do have an obvious weakness in that they need charges to work so models good at engaging quickly and those with KDs will have a good time against them, but boy with oSiren kicking about life is going to be hard for most opponents.

So there is probably another Siren nerf on the way

I don't even think they need to charge as much as people think - Ebb removing armour makes those Tac 4 re-rolls pretty good. But even if they do, Windfinder gives super-Furious, so they can do so quite easily. 

I can't see what this team's weakness is supposed to be. They aren't squishy (or have tech that makes it irrelevant), they are super fast, they have condition removal, they are reasonably efficient because they Tackle AND Dodge on charges, they have plenty of 2", they have Siren...Um? And S4 makes them even better!

I'm finding it hard to compare these guys to Falconers or Rats. I'm hoping to proxy them later this week to see if the hype is true.

Already wrote it, but I'm planning on not giving them easy take-outs and scoring myself. They don't sport any kind of goal defense.

Ironically, the one model that screws Navigators big time is Pride. That Predatory Gaze ganks their 3 INF players (charge...oh NO!). So Order into Navs might be quite tricky. Otherwise Engineer and Alchemists with Compound are probably fine too. Everyone else? Screwed.

Just now, Selfy said:

Don't you think you might be over-reacting slightly?

Well - this is the internet. Nah, I want to see them on the pitch. But they do LOOK really, really good.