Banjulhu

The Navigator's Guild

You know that’s against forum rules... 

But it’s too hot, so I can’t be bothered. 

Curiously, she has a rule on her card back that just seems to add :KD: to Eye Spy. Seems odd to separate those out, unless I’ve missed something.

28 minutes ago, Mako said:

Curiously, she has a rule on her card back that just seems to add :KD: to Eye Spy. Seems odd to separate those out, unless I’ve missed something.

She’s not the only model with Eye spy in the game, and I guess they don’t want other models with it to have a ranged knockdown.

28 minutes ago, Falkman said:

She’s not the only model with Eye spy in the game, and I guess they don’t want other models with it to have a ranged knockdown.

That would be what I’ve missed! Who else has it, out of curiosity?

3 minutes ago, Mako said:

That would be what I’ve missed! Who else has it, out of curiosity?

Falconers: Minerva

That is one very fish like captain.

Tac buff is big for the team especially given that applying it causes a KD as well.

The speed buff seals the deal on the balls to the wall attacking football.

I can see her team playing a bit like Shark where you use one or two enemy models to bounce around and generate momentum.

They stupid fast now. Their team was already moving at 11"+ And now boom, speed buff and tac buff. These guys look insane. Shark fish on super soldier serum.

Nice looking card. I guess this is probably the one that comes free with the next issue of Tabletop Gaming magazine?

Edit: yes, it says on facebook that it is!

Hmm ... here's an idea too ... if they do an errata mid-season again, like when they did Tater/Millstone/Thresher ... maybe they could team-up with a magazine like this to give out errata cards?

Stormwind doesn't make sense. 

Her Character Plays target Friendly Models. 

I suppose it means if she uses either CP on herself or other friendly model and they then hit or charge someone it causes KD. But it doesn't read right, and I thought they were tidying up confusing language on the cards. 

5 minutes ago, Lee said:

Stormwind doesn't make sense. 

Her Character Plays target Friendly Models. 

I suppose it means if she uses either CP on herself or other friendly model and they then hit or charge someone it causes KD. But it doesn't read right, and I thought they were tidying up confusing language on the cards. 

Eye Spy targets an enemy model...

39 minutes ago, Lee said:

No, it doesn’t mean that at all. It means that when she targets and hits an enemy model with Eye spy that enemy model is knocked down.

So Windfinder is now officially spoiled. There is nothing particularly new in the blog beyond a bit of game design chat saying eye spy opening up wraps being "...why a lot of the Navigators don't have 1 damage on column 1."

Now ignoring the fact that one third of the team (Horizon and Windfinder herself) is not in exactly "a lot" of the team it seems that one of the big departures from the Fish is that SFG want the Navigators want to do their heavy lifting at the top end of the playbook and for them not to be able to add too much on from wraps (Fish generally dont care about wrapping and tend to look for a low momentous result to get work done).

However with oSiren on loan from the Fish there could be some serious non-momentous damage pumped out from Eye Spy and Full Speed Ahead with Siren rolling 10 dice on a free the charge against a KD model followed up by three 5 dice attacks only ever looking for two successes each time.

Actually oSiren and Full Speed Ahead just brings back the good old Inf 2/4 days of oSiren sprinting into space, Seducing the ball to her and then passing it back to the line except now its an 11" sprint.

6 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

Actually oSiren and Full Speed Ahead just brings back the good old Inf 2/4 days of oSiren sprinting into space, Seducing the ball to her and then passing it back to the line except now its an 11" sprint.

That is if oSiren remains unchanged.

23 hours ago, ningu said:

Eye Spy targets an enemy model...

Eye Spy "Friendly model gains +2 Tac while attacking target enemy model" 

13 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

So Windfinder is now officially spoiled. There is nothing particularly new in the blog beyond a bit of game design chat saying eye spy opening up wraps being "...why a lot of the Navigators don't have 1 damage on column 1."

Now ignoring the fact that one third of the team (Horizon and Windfinder herself) is not in exactly "a lot" of the team it seems that one of the big departures from the Fish is that SFG want the Navigators want to do their heavy lifting at the top end of the playbook and for them not to be able to add too much on from wraps (Fish generally dont care about wrapping and tend to look for a low momentous result to get work done).

However with oSiren on loan from the Fish there could be some serious non-momentous damage pumped out from Eye Spy and Full Speed Ahead with Siren rolling 10 dice on a free the charge against a KD model followed up by three 5 dice attacks only ever looking for two successes each time.

And if oSiren goes to the navigators. I thought it was vSiren... 

23 hours ago, Falkman said:

No, it doesn’t mean that at all. It means that when she targets and hits an enemy model with Eye spy that enemy model is knocked down.

that's what I said. Eye Spy targets a friendly model for +2 tac, and the KD comes from that attack. THAT'S what isn't clear on the card. RAW v RAI.

It benefits me regardless, because I'll playing these when they're out, but SFG were pleased with their progress on clearing up the language on the cards for S4. 

6 minutes ago, Lee said:

“Target enemy model” is the key phrase here - she targets an enemy model, gives it Eye Spy and :KD:, then friendlies get the bonus when attacking it. 

5 minutes ago, LabRat said:

And if oSiren goes to the navigators. I thought it was vSiren... 

Definitely oSiren :)

34 minutes ago, Lee said:

No, much like Singled Out, all friendly models gain +2 Tac when attacking target enemy model"

32 minutes ago, Lee said:

that's what I said. Eye Spy targets a friendly model for +2 tac, and the KD comes from that attack.

And that it where you go wrong, Eye spy does not target a friendly model, it targets an enemy model. Says so specifically in the rule for it.

Man, what a maroon - I just wasn't reading it properly.

Cheers everyone. It makes PERFECT sense now.

Just off to proof read the two technical documents I put together this week, because if I can't read one line on a GB card correctly, I might be in trouble at work tomorrow 😁

The post where I copied the images from on facebook has just been taken down so they may also vanish from here soon as well.