Banjulhu

The Navigator's Guild

I think Horizon will be a great setup piece. Most players kill the ball in their deployment corners either by dropping it or putting on a hard model to take the ball away from. Horizon if playable by Fish gives up a model to score early with, trade 4-1 score, and then have a model coming back threatening the ball back into play. Though we will see if he is a Fish.

I'm just not seeing it. With a Mov of 4"/6" it will take a lot of additional resources and set up just to get him up the pitch that it would any normal player that is used to threaten the goal.

I suspect his intended roll is to be able to constantly clear lanes with unexpected arrival to enable clear shots/passes as the Navigators' lower number of dice when kicking is going to be hit harder by negatives than other teams would, even with their re-rolls.

We'll have to wait and see but I'm more in camp "Someone needs to be dropped for oSiren" than "Horizon looks useful so far".

Pre-orders for the Navigator's Guild have started!

Release date: 21st September

The-Navigators-Guild-Tales-of-the-New-World.jpg

Link: https://www.leodisgames.com/shop/guild-ball/the-navigators-guild-tales-of-the-new-world/

This also gives us the names of all the players:

Captain: Windfinder

Mascot: Wander(?)

Squadies: Horizon, Fathom, Azimuth, Ebb

Cross-over models: Angel, oSiren

I really wish SFG would do a normal ball marker. I am not a fan of the novelty ones.

Models look nice enough if a little static (I do like the mascot a lot).

It's looking like a lot of 1" melee though, not sure how I feel about that on a team that will be pro-Football and anti-Melee.

2 hours ago, ningu said:

Pre-orders for the Navigator's Guild have started!

Release date: 21st September

The-Navigators-Guild-Tales-of-the-New-World.jpg

Link: https://www.leodisgames.com/shop/guild-ball/the-navigators-guild-tales-of-the-new-world/

This also gives us the names of all the players:

Captain: Windfinder

Mascot: Wander(?)

Squadies: Horizon, Fathom, Azimuth, Ebb

Cross-over models: Angel, oSiren

I checked the launch kit to see who is who of the remaining squaddies, Ebb is the topless dude and Fathom is the girl with the oar.

Why no mention of the fact that Siren is totally preggers now...

(i know its the ball but come on you were all thinking it)

There is an alternate Horizon model available if you preorder.

I think that means it is likely that Horizon will be one of the Fish players.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:18 PM, ADG said:

Can we guess the names of the remaining players? I'm going to guess Fathom for Fa ... maybe the woman? And Echo for E ... maybe the man? So for the bird I'll try Wanderer (wandering albatross), Wake (following in the wake of a ship) or maybe Wisdom.

I'm scoring myself two out of three for name guesses! (Well, maybe one and a half, as I didn't quite get Wander).

This looks like the first alternate sculpt player in coloured plastic rather than metal? Although I wish the two Horizon sculpts were a bit more different. One is holding the lantern up, and the other down, but if you're doing two sculpts it would be nice if one was standing and the other running, to give a bit more variety.

That said, it's overall a nice box of models. The albatross is great, and touches like the globe ball and the laid-back expression on (I think it's) Ebb. Navigators Angel is nice too ... can people who win the launch pack models in tournaments please put some on ebay in a few months for the bad players? :)

Edit: Oh, I see, the alt sculpt is the new coloured resin. That makes sense. (Confirmed on facebook). I guess two Horizons maybe means you can paint one with the lantern on and one with it off. How about an object-source lighting paint tutorial for Horizon?

2 minutes ago, Furnace said:

Is it just me or does he look really really good? 

I think it's just you.

He feels geared up for Shark, but I dont know who he could replace at the moment nor what he would enable that is stronger than what is already there

To me, he has a mascots set of stats and can only do the same amount of work as one thanks to him topping out at 3 inf but takes up a slot of a full player.

He doesn’t look bad, but as Banjulhu says he also doesn’t look good enough to replace our current lineups. He has no place in a Corsair list, and with Shark my squaddies are already set; Greyscales, Hag, Sakana (either) and Siren. This is all subject to change of course, depending on any changes to the fishermen players.

He just does not seem to be adding anything new or valuable to the Fish nor fixes any outstanding issues. Then just to make it worse he does bugger all for a Corsair team except remind me that Gutter's days are numbered.

9 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

He just does not seem to be adding anything new or valuable to the Fish nor fixes any outstanding issues. Then just to make it worse he does bugger all for a Corsair team except remind me that Gutter's days are numbered.

And since Fathom is next week’s reveal it seems unlikely that Azimuth is the second crossover model as we were hoping. He would’ve been a great addition for Corsair to cover the loss of Gutter, but it seems we are instead just getting two strikers from the Navigators (though Fathom seems to be a really good one at least).

1 minute ago, Falkman said:

And since Fathom is next week’s reveal it seems unlikely that Azimuth is the second crossover model as we were hoping. He would’ve been a great addition for Corsair to cover the loss of Gutter, but it seems we are instead just getting two strikers from the Navigators (though Fathom seems to be a really good one at least).

She should at least have a 2" melee.

At least on the kicking front Horizon's 2/6" with rerolls is slightly better than the Fish basic of 3/6" without, but the more I ponder it the more I conclude that speed and a good kick is just the minimum requirements for a Shark team. Hell this is the reason Angel keeps getting dropped.

26 minutes ago, Falkman said:

What do we know about Fathom so far, then?

Horizon seems like he's designed for the current meta rather than Season 4. If it becomes harder to kill the ball in Season 4 and people aren't just killing it in the corner against Shark, I don't really see what Horizon brings to fish that we don't already have. The 9/11 MOV is nice of course, but at the end of the day, he's a 1" melee, 3/1 model who needs four net hits in order to recover the ball without immediately getting punished with a counterattack. And the fact that he's going to be so bad at generating momentum means that he is going to struggle to even be all that viable when he's picking the ball up off the ground. As for his lack of synergy with Corsair, we'll have to wait and see how the fat guy changes in Season 4, but right now Horizon brings absolutely nothing, which Steamforged acknowledged.

So ultimately, this is a pretty underwhelming model, though Season 4 could make him better than he appears right now.

1 minute ago, Selfy said:

What do we know about Fathom so far, then?

We know that Disney's legal team have been in contact.

Also that she has a 5"/8" Mov and a Tac of 4 with a 4 column playbook (single results on columns 1 to 3, two on 4, momentous results start on third column) and she has acrobatics as a character play and a second unknown one.

I know little about Fish having only played with them a couple of times and not liking it. But one thing I've seen from them is that a missed shot can destroy their game. Horizon moves 9" and shoots with 1 inf. If you miss that shot and he's hanging around the backfield he can punish any team that doesn't go out of its way to recover a ball from a missed shot.

As I say, complete Fish rookie, but that's what it seems to me.

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

I know little about Fish having only played with them a couple of times and not liking it. But one thing I've seen from them is that a missed shot can destroy their game. Horizon moves 9" and shoots with 1 inf. If you miss that shot and he's hanging around the backfield he can punish any team that doesn't go out of its way to recover a ball from a missed shot.

As I say, complete Fish rookie, but that's what it seems to me.

That is every other fish player as well though. Scaring the shit out of opponents with multiple goal threats is pretty much all of Shark's game.