Nykolae

Harriet 'the Hat' revealed!

New kicker? Stay within 4 of the captain when making the initial jog then, without allocating any influence, she can strip the ball from someone within 14. Or, for one influence, with 17 . That seems good.

Hoist has his Guild Ball on the second column. Very nice for hitting a low def model but applying the damage on a high def (usually low hp) model.

Dodge a wrench may also make Salvo see a little more play.

Guys, I'm generally concerned...

Picture this: Hoist gets Deletion and Tooled Up for +2 DMG and Overclocked for a free Charge. He takes over Sucker Punch from Harriet, and then charges a low-DEF character. He then proceeds to choose Sucker Punch 5x (maybe 6x, if the Charge wraps), and in the process deals 20-24 DMG to another character within 8" of him...

Without Pin Vice, but near 4" of Ballista, and this will still be 15-18 DMG ánd 5-6 momentum from the CP's and maybe 1 from the take-out.

Charge Casket/Ghast, take out Obulus/Scalpel. Charge Truffles/Boar, take out Ox/Fillet. Charge Kraken/Jac, take out Shark. Charge Hearne, take out Theron/Skatha. Charge Katalyst, take out Midas/Smoke. Need I go on?

Sure, it takes a lot of setup and you can keep your lines spread out, but I still can see Sucker Punch not being OTP being a real problem in the future...

I think she breaks Hoist. People will say it’s setup dependent (not really) or non-momentous but Hoist can delete people trivially. Anyone within 8”. Or he can go on a Disarm spree and screw up your team. So much fun. 

I can only assume S4 is changing/removing True Rep because this is busted for Engineers. 

32 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I can only assume S4 is changing/removing True Rep because this is busted for Engineers. 

Knowing what kind of important tournaments are coming up, along with the WTC in September, I'd like to see this errata'd a.s.a.p. 

But I guess it's better to get people to give her a spin. Maybe it'll not be as bad as we're making it out to be. I'm pretty sure it will...

27 minutes ago, Nykolae said:

Knowing what kind of important tournaments are coming up, along with the WTC in September, I'd like to see this errata'd a.s.a.p. 

But I guess it's better to get people to give her a spin. Maybe it'll not be as bad as we're making it out to be. I'm pretty sure it will...

I think the same with minx and Decimate...

1 hour ago, blueboyzcaptain said:

You don't get the mom if you trigger it off the playbook from ballista's aura

You are correct! My mistake! Thanks for the correction. Seems that this'll mostly be a Pin Vice trick, then.

With 13 inf a ballista gun line can now do 19 damage to a single target from range while generating 7 net momentum.  That's all I'm concerned about. Everything else seems fine.  I can't wait to get her on the table.

22 hours ago, blueboyzcaptain said:

You don't get the mom if you trigger it off the playbook from ballista's aura

Can you explain the reasoning for this? It’s a character play causing damage after all. 

43 minutes ago, Benjo3000 said:

Can you explain the reasoning for this? It’s a character play causing damage after all. 

From collected clarifications:

Momentous Inspiration:- Generates a single point of Momentum when a Character Play TN test successfully hits (i.e. the TN test is required and must be rolled).
Triggers on hits when using a Character Play that has a damage component, does not need the damage to actually occur (e.g. if negated by Tough Hide).
The MP is gained after the play has been fully resolved.

Hoist already has 2 non momentus on his 3rd Playbook result, so the damage isn't a massive spike. It's slightly easier to gain access to though. He also had sturdy, but not stoic and only a 1' melee range. Pretty easy to counter and push out of range against those low def guys (who often have low pushes). 

I think that while the output has great potential against harder to hit models, the reality is that you need to tool up, overclock (1 mom), deletion (which deals damage), and ensure the big guy is knocked down (to avoid counters). So you HAVE to play Pinvice, Ratchet, Harriet, Hoist (with mother of course). Non of them have an easily accessible KD, so you HAVE to play Colossus or Locus to make it reliably work so you can KD. For those playing along at home, that means no velocity. You are playing 1-4 then (most likely), with a potential second goal if things work out well. You also have no flex picks in your lineup. You also have to commit 6 influence and 1 momentum to a single take out, which yields you only 1 momentum back. You will also potentially lose Hoist (with the advent or far more common 4-7 damage  hits, Hoist is far less indestructible than his used to be - Thesher should 1 round him and has a longer threat range). 

That is what I LOVE about Harriet: she gives us the option of a beater style. Before Harriet (BH from hereon) it was either all out goal, or gunline. Now we have punchy shenanigans. Fun times. I'm pretty keen to see Singled out and Knocked down from Colossus, and then having Hoist, with a gang up, trying to throw wrap attacks and bouncing them! I'm also ken to try out Hoist true rep'ing Disarm, then charging for a wrap and a tackle / disarm on a striker! But i don't think it will "break" anything.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is wonderful, but I don't think she "breaks" Hoist. If you play against Cogs, you are going to have to think about hiding high def, low HP from the Hoist sucker punch, 

Can't you also deletion Harry, give her 4 and get at least another 3 3 dmg plays off? Assuming that the big guy isn't in range for her to walk up to with the crowd out and get them off the book. 

On her own she's solid but not impressive but interaction with Hoist is a bit too strong. I hate the mechanic of atacking 1 model, choosing CP and hitting other player instead, it just doesn't make sense for me when I try to visualize that. Even though it's legal.

Without Hoist she's justa nice inf battery, doing stuff (Hat aura and Tutelage) for free. I guess Hoist is the problem, he brings so many options that he's basically no-brainer for Cogs.