Laughnchill

Farmers into alchemists

Well my win rate against them is poor so prob not in the best place to advise, but here goes anyway.

I've yet to have an Alchemist choose Smoke, permeable the mass of healing tricks and Millstone and Peck's condition defence puts them off. 

So, I get faced with Midas, going for 3 fast goals, often with a pincer attack from the wings. I've been finding this hard to deal with, as even if I receive I don't have a goal threat that couldn't be easily stopped with fire or just putting models in the way. If I kick, Midas pretty much starts 4 points up, but at least with Knee Slider gone he's not getting away.

Grace is now in my 10, she's got some nice tricks I'm her box, but crucially she can buff the speed we need to easily get a goal on turn 1 and have a chance to keep up. 

Not really specific to Farmers games, but if they being either Kat, he needs to be focused down quickly.

Hope this helps? What kind of Alchemist line ups are you seeing?

I've been seeing smoke as captain. I'll have to ask what the line up was. I know it was the guy that's on fire, the one that blinds, the robot, and that's all I can remember. Anyways I'm thinking of grange fallow millstone harrow tater peck

Into Smoke, I prefer Thresher.  Calculus (the blinder), Mercury (the guy who's on fire), and Smoke are all pretty good Thresher targets- the Alchemists don't have a lot of health, so he can really clean up against them.

Watch out for vetKatalyst- he's dangerous and hits really hard.  On the plus side, he's really, really easy to hit- even your not as strong fighters should be able to do some work on him and open up the high end of their playbooks.  Make sure you knock him down first to avoid his counterattacks!

I play Thresher into alchemists, Peck & Millstone are pretty auto-includes if you're playing against Smoke. Cocky onto Millstone & let her take all the fires. Put Tater in a way where if they come to blind Thresher they get counter charged. Then let Thresher do what he's best at :)

On 5/14/2018 at 4:02 AM, Domlaar said:

Put Tater in a way where if they come to blind Thresher they get counter charged.

Tater is also dangerous on his own that if you can put him somewhere to threaten the Alchemist team, the player may feel "forced" to try to blind him (which often requires playing around counter charge, too), which leaves Thresher free to do his thing.