Laughnchill

Getting masons

6 hours ago, Laughnchill said:

I'm excited to switch away from farmer's and I was just wondering how they do against alchemists.

They don't. :P:rolleyes:

That's the short version, I'll bring some more detail later when I have time, but in my opinion this is our hardest match-up. You could say they're sort of our 'hard counter'.

Use of vHarmony and Lucky can be pretty helpful here. Lucky's 4" dodge can get him into them generating momentum - even if he gets taken out, the rest of the Masons can pummel the Alchemists (Hammer should annihilate them). Honour can work her magic play to get last activation and also get a model into them - again generating momentum. Flint can be an issue for them and has the tech to get round Compound etc. I don't think it's unwinnable. Sure Smoke Alcheys are a pain the game (because they dont want you to play GB for 2 turns if possible) but Masons have secret tech to circumvent her stall game. 

I think Masons are actually doing pretty well in the meta - I've always felt that Masons are the Bridesmaids because some Bride always comes in above them - Morticians, Butchers, Fish, Farmers etc. With the latest errata, I think NOW is the Masons turn to really shine. 

23 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I think Masons are actually doing pretty well in the meta - I've always felt that Masons are the Bridesmaids because some Bride always comes in above them - Morticians, Butchers, Fish, Farmers etc. With the latest errata, I think NOW is the Masons turn to really shine. 

I actually quite agree with this statement. It always seem that there's "the next best thing", but it's never the Mason's themselves.

About Smoke; I'm usually not that concerned with her. Mason's have enough tech to close the distance fast enough and also clear some conditions while they're at it. My biggest problem lies in Midas, though.

Every single game I play against Midas, him, Vitriol and oKat just demolish me. Mascot doesn't matter. Usually I see Compound as a battery, and then it's either Mist or Decimate. Triple strikers, of which one has Unpredictable Movement, another has Clone, and all 3 are 5+. On the other hand, there's the oKat/Deci tag-team, which can also just delete a model per turn, while Midas and Vitriol each score a goal a turn. I'd like to have some advice on how to handle this match-up, as I've thought about it SO much and have never really found a decent way of dealing with it.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:29 AM, Nykolae said:

I actually quite agree with this statement. It always seem that there's "the next best thing", but it's never the Mason's themselves.

About Smoke; I'm usually not that concerned with her. Mason's have enough tech to close the distance fast enough and also clear some conditions while they're at it. My biggest problem lies in Midas, though.

Every single game I play against Midas, him, Vitriol and oKat just demolish me. Mascot doesn't matter. Usually I see Compound as a battery, and then it's either Mist or Decimate. Triple strikers, of which one has Unpredictable Movement, another has Clone, and all 3 are 5+. On the other hand, there's the oKat/Deci tag-team, which can also just delete a model per turn, while Midas and Vitriol each score a goal a turn. I'd like to have some advice on how to handle this match-up, as I've thought about it SO much and have never really found a decent way of dealing with it.

Heh, Midas is so much easier now after the double Midas/Vitriol nerf.  The Season 3 Midas... ouch.  That was so tough to play against.  Right now it's a pretty even matchup.  Midas really doesn't do as much anymore and Harmony, Honour, and Mallet all have ways to deal with UM and Clone.  Yes, it's not INF efficient, but I've had many Alch players tell me that they hate seeing those 3 on the other side of the table.  Plus Vitriol's 10 HP makes her die to a stiff breeze now, even with Clone and Honour/Harmony having to spend INF to dodge back in.  

Pretty much kill Vitriol as soon as you can, get yourself ready to score 2 return goals (you can play Flint and Mist too), which is very easy with the Masons, and you'll be killing them faster than oKat can kill you.  In the old days, Vitriol (and sometimes Midas) can kill you too, now, only oKat really has that ability to do it easily.  

As for Masons, I'd still say Thresher Farmers are still slightly at the top.  But I'm happy to be bridesmade because the Masons are so fun! :) 

On 4/16/2018 at 8:26 PM, kryzak said:

Heh, Midas is so much easier now after the double Midas/Vitriol nerf.  The Season 3 Midas... ouch.  That was so tough to play against.  Right now it's a pretty even matchup.  Midas really doesn't do as much anymore and Harmony, Honour, and Mallet all have ways to deal with UM and Clone.  Yes, it's not INF efficient, but I've had many Alch players tell me that they hate seeing those 3 on the other side of the table.  Plus Vitriol's 10 HP makes her die to a stiff breeze now, even with Clone and Honour/Harmony having to spend INF to dodge back in.  

Pretty much kill Vitriol as soon as you can, get yourself ready to score 2 return goals (you can play Flint and Mist too), which is very easy with the Masons, and you'll be killing them faster than oKat can kill you.  In the old days, Vitriol (and sometimes Midas) can kill you too, now, only oKat really has that ability to do it easily.  

As for Masons, I'd still say Thresher Farmers are still slightly at the top.  But I'm happy to be bridesmade because the Masons are so fun! :) 

I was right there with you until you said thresher was still on top haha

4 hours ago, Laughnchill said:

I was right there with you until you said thresher was still on top haha

Haha, I have to admit, that part is "hearsay".  I haven't played against him since the nerf, but many of my friends still complain about how strong Thresher still is. I have no strong opinions on it myself. :) 

6 hours ago, kryzak said:

Haha, I have to admit, that part is "hearsay".  I haven't played against him since the nerf, but many of my friends still complain about how strong Thresher still is. I have no strong opinions on it myself. :) 

Thresher himself is still quite strong, but his powerlevel has been reduced from "I can delete 2 persons per turn" to "With enough setup, I can delete 1 person per turn".

Both the positional play of the Farmers and the amount of Harvest Markers on the Pitch have also been made more important. This makes it a tad easier to get into their ranks and not instantly get punished for it. Still, decently enough skilled players can still wreck face.