Sign in to follow this  
foolwiththefez

Wild Season 4 Speculation

Let's all waste time trying to guess what rules changes are coming up. vMinx makes me wonder if Furious will get re-written to allow models to charge for 1 less influence rather than for free. 

Simplification. Judging by GodTear looks like they are murdering some darlings. Probably another pass on the weakest models. I hope ball scatter gets simplified - why is it the only measurement to middle not edge! 

Beyond that who knows - Mat Hart was making some VERY worrying suggestions on the recent Strictly The Worst podcast which makes my blood run cold. Hopefully he was just spitballing...

Simplification is usually a good thing. I understand why the ball measures from the center, but I hate that it breaks the rule that way so I'd love that change.  

What suggestions? For those of us who don't listen to simply the worst. 

- That DMG numbers would be number of dice rolled to do DMG (so 3 would be 3d6/3 and that's the wound dmg)

- That Character plays AUTO hit. Spend INF, they hit, Boom.

He was saying about how he would like middle table people to feel like champions because lucky dice spikes. Which is something I think would be utterly terrible. It's the GW approach of 'more random = better' and it's bad. People feel rewarded when they do good, not because small cubes sometimes roll 6s.

3 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

People feel rewarded when they do good, not because small cubes sometimes roll 6s.

As some one that can roll 10 dice and get no more than 2 results over a 3, I too am incredibly worried by this. 

8 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

- That DMG numbers would be number of dice rolled to do DMG (so 3 would be 3d6/3 and that's the wound dmg)

Ouch. Ick. The damage suggestion would not only be swing-y and random but clunky and less elegant than the current solution. Character plays auto hitting would require almost every single character play that target's opponents to be rebalanced. 

23 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

Probably another pass on the weakest models.

They've more or less confirmed that they'll use S4 as an opportunity to errata models that are considered weak and don't see any play.

2 hours ago, EpicChris said:

He was saying about how he would like middle table people to feel like champions

That's discrimination! People who can't even make it to middle tables want to feel like a champ too. Let's make it more random, so ability has nothing to do with it!

3 hours ago, EpicChris said:

I hope ball scatter gets simplified - why is it the only measurement to middle not edge! 

1 in = 25.4 mm

If the ball scatters 1 inch but has a 30mm base...

4 hours ago, EpicChris said:

I remember an early game when I thought that was the rule, facing an opponent using Stave ... spent the whole game being knocked down by barrels!

14 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Simplification. Judging by GodTear looks like they are murdering some darlings. Probably another pass on the weakest models. I hope ball scatter gets simplified - why is it the only measurement to middle not edge!

Wouldn't mind seeing them changing the AoE meassuring to either "within" or "fully within". Would make measuring a bit simpler.

12 hours ago, Priesmal said:

1 in = 25.4 mm

If the ball scatters 1 inch but has a 30mm base...

Aye, but if you scatter 1” and you measure edge to edge....the ball is exactly 1” from edge (ie there is a 1” gap between ball and model). Scattering from centres is dumb and inaccurate. 

15 hours ago, Lee said:

As some one that can roll 10 dice and get no more than 2 results over a 3, I too am incredibly worried by this. 

yep, had this happen today just in fact. 13 dice in a row, couldn't manage a single 4+

This is a fairly regular occurrence. lost two blood bowl leagues because I couldn't "Roll anything but a 1" Multiple times in a row. My friend, who also is a notoriously awful dice roller was marveling at how trash my rolls are. 

I would kill to roll AVERAGE. I don't even think about spiking, so I'm a big noperino on the MOAR RANDOM.