Sign in to follow this  
Reece

Engineer Stories

Where can I find background stories for Engineers?

There's NOTHING in S1 (probably because they were an add-on). S2 has a match vs Alchemists where Velocity gets messed up.

But that's about it I think. What happens in S3? Is PV still the Captain? What's up with Ballista?

The little bits I remember about that Season 2 story was not just that Velocity was more or less destroyed, but that the Alchemists had essentially tried to buy the win through all the politicking by the Longshanks and Ballista was just too proud to let that happen. So they played for the win and Ballista was expelled from the guild and replaced by PinVice. 

It's been a while since I read the S3 fluff and I don't have my book with easy access at the moment. But there hasn't been much in the way of Engineer fluff. PinVice rebuilt Velocity, hence the veteran version.

PinVice also built Locus as the new Season 3 player for the Engineers.

Uhh... that's all I currently remember. At one of the Cons recently, Sherwin did mention that the Engineers are probably due for some love in terms of the overall fluff. But all of the guilds have some engaging plot lines, so who knows when we'll see it.

2 hours ago, skcpae said:

The little bits I remember about that Season 2 story was not just that Velocity was more or less destroyed, but that the Alchemists had essentially tried to buy the win through all the politicking by the Longshanks and Ballista was just too proud to let that happen. So they played for the win and Ballista was expelled from the guild and replaced by PinVice. 

It's been a while since I read the S3 fluff and I don't have my book with easy access at the moment. But there hasn't been much in the way of Engineer fluff. PinVice rebuilt Velocity, hence the veteran version.

PinVice also built Locus as the new Season 3 player for the Engineers.

Uhh... that's all I currently remember. At one of the Cons recently, Sherwin did mention that the Engineers are probably due for some love in terms of the overall fluff. But all of the guilds have some engaging plot lines, so who knows when we'll see it.

Yeah, that's really all I know from S2. It's a shame there's not much more than that in the S3 book. Thanks!

Yeah, I just learned this tonight. Spring killed him, then Ratchet got told Spring was too dangerous or something like that? 

On 12/04/2018 at 3:09 PM, Reece said:

There's NOTHING in S1 (probably because they were an add-on).

There are a few pages of character background in the S1 rulebook. If you read the S1 book online there's two versions ... one PDF that just has the main story, and one PDF that has the individual character sketches too. See pages 109 onwards here:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/56bdb26ab09f95d2c957c24e/1455272581836/GuildBall_Season01.pdf

Just in case you missed it, as that version can be harder to find ...

7 hours ago, ADG said:

There are a few pages of character background in the S1 rulebook. If you read the S1 book online there's two versions ... one PDF that just has the main story, and one PDF that has the individual character sketches too. See pages 109 onwards here:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/56bdb26ab09f95d2c957c24e/1455272581836/GuildBall_Season01.pdf

Just in case you missed it, as that version can be harder to find ...

I've never seen this before! Thanks so much. This will be neat to read later.

PinVice iirc correctly also wants to get back into the weapon making industry and is definitely more on the nasty side than Ballista.