Sign in to follow this  
Sefron

Veteran Hemlocke

Rather plain looking card to begin with, but dig deeper and you can see that she certainly brings very useful tools to the Morts. Either captain would be happy to have her in the team and the 2" melee is obviously great.

Dark Doubts is a bit meh, but it's better than not having it I suppose!

Soul Seer fits into the Morts theme rather well. She can provide her 2 INF for the rest of the team while still blinding people for "free" which is rather handy!

Definetly worth thinking about, and could possibly replace Silence. Or work well alongside him. Loads of options! :)

She makes Bonesaw obsolete ;) I wish the 2nd column :D: was :momD: nut that would probably be OP ;) I can see her making 1st turn goal run. 1 for sprint, 1 for offering (-3hp), 0 for blind (-3hp) and 1 for shot. She's gtting screwed right after but 6hp + dark doubts + 5+ def makes farming MP kind of tricky. And You don't care that much for her dying as she comes back quickly and doing her things from behind Your lines. She's also kick-off presure and improves our overall ball game. 

Obulus, Dirge, Graves1, vHemlocke, Pelage/Cosset, Ghast/Skulk sounds fun :D

Just now, el009 said:

She makes Bonesaw obsolete ;) I wish the 2nd column :D: was :momD: nut that would probably be OP ;) I can see her making 1st turn goal run. 1 for sprint, 1 for offering (-3hp), 0 for blind (-3hp) and 1 for shot. She's gtting screwed right after but 6hp + dark doubts + 5+ def makes farming MP kind of tricky. And You don't care that much for her dying as she comes back quickly and doing her things from behind Your lines. She's also kick-off presure and improves our overall ball game. 

Obulus, Dirge, Graves1, vHemlocke, Pelage/Cosset, Ghast/Skulk sounds fun :D

Soul Seer can only be used once per turn, so no blind. But she can sprint, 1 for MO via Soulseer and goal kick. 

I'd rather take jog instead of sprint and keep the blind, even Bonus Timing it in order to ruin last activation for my opponent :D . 18" goal threat + 4" teamowork is probably enough ;) With plenty of momentum one could even heal her to full hp but that is expensive all together - I would need B&M to generate more MP with passes.

5 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

Soul Seer can only be used once per turn, so no blind. But she can sprint, 1 for MO via Soulseer and goal kick. 

She definitely opens up the Scoreticians again, as a straight swop for Mist, which was what I was hoping for😊 Her T1 and speed, plus the help she'll give the others in moving around the pitch, can really threaten some long range goal runs and help with dead ball retrieval. 

2/6" isn't great as a psuedo-striker but Morts are used to poor kicks so not too fussed. (Rather miss a 2 dice kick than a 4 dice one!)

Obs, Dirge, vHemlocke, Bonesaw, Bp&M, oGraves.

Not the most competitive line up but it sure will be fun!

T on 1, melee 2", speed, blind and midnigth offering oh yeah baby. I think she is better than silence maybe silence have a buff in season 4?

13 minutes ago, Dragoon06 said:

T on 1, melee 2", speed, blind and midnigth offering oh yeah baby. I think she is better than silence maybe silence have a buff in season 4?

Silence is a situational pick, I'll keep him in my 10 but he rarely sees play. His plays are high risk - high reward and I don't quite like that. Yet, in my book Hemlocke has totally different job as a semi-striker with access to support.

Wow, she will definitely make it into my team. Holy crap! Midnight offering was always one of the things I thought would be awesome to have, and Soul Seer just makes it so much better!

34 minutes ago, el009 said:

Silence is a situational pick, I'll keep him in my 10 but he rarely sees play. His plays are high risk - high reward and I don't quite like that. Yet, in my book Hemlocke has totally different job as a semi-striker with access to support.

I think the same with silence but in my case i don't put him in my roster and now less. Silence spend a lot if influence and if you fail lost the tempo of the game I prefer blind and try to steal or score with hemlocke.

She's great! In a-lot of match ups I was using silence  as a way to protect from long threat ranges by positioning a fire blast, but being able to blind then midnight offering out of their threat range is so much better, she can provide a pretty damn consistent turn one goal especially when receiving, then from there she can become a SUPER efficient battery, providing that 2 inf and blinding while she has nothing on her.  She relegates silence to match ups to where I can afford to not have a heavy hitter or the extra control he provides is super valuable or consistent like blacksmiths shark fish ect, but I'm super okay with that. Could not have reasonably asked for a better model. 

1 hour ago, Mattyg2787 said:

WE

HAVE

BLIND!

Could not be happier with that alone.  

You've had access to blind this entire time...

She looks like a lot of fun with Scalpel. Midnight Offering and Second Wind is some primo jank.

She looks really cool, doesn't seem like a blowout insane model, but a constant factor in games.

It's really nice that the entire model hasn't been nerfed to the ground solely for Midnight Offering, and that she can use both of her abilities on her own. *thinking emote*

1 hour ago, Anudem said:

You've had access to blind this entire time...

She looks like a lot of fun with Scalpel. Midnight Offering and Second Wind is some primo jank.

No we haven't?  Our union options for S3 are A n G, minx, rage, mist and fangtooth

43 minutes ago, IHatethePuppy said:

No we haven't?  Our union options for S3 are A n G, minx, rage, mist and fangtooth

You are right. Seem's odd Morts fought for her in the first place in that case.

2 hours ago, Anudem said:

You are right. Seem's odd Morts fought for her in the first place in that case.

They didn't need to fight, what with Obulus manipulating the game... But they wanted Blind, because who doesn't?

I remember hearing somewhere that Scalpel trained her to do a bunch of  new voodoo stuff.  I'd love to read the fluff for that, especially since despite how much I love Ob Scalpel just feels much more like a person in the story.

53 minutes ago, IHatethePuppy said:

I remember hearing somewhere that Scalpel trained her to do a bunch of  new voodoo stuff.  I'd love to read the fluff for that, especially since despite how much I love Ob Scalpel just feels much more like a person in the story.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/guild-ball/images/4/4d/StoryEvent-11-TheFerryman'sPuppets.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20171128144235

9 hours ago, cacklad said:

2/6" isn't great as a psuedo-striker but Morts are used to poor kicks so not too fussed. (Rather miss a 2 dice kick than a 4 dice one!)

Truer words have never been spoken/typed!

Missing 2D kicks with Morts is part of the process.  I had a streak going where I was missing 1-2 goals with Obulus for several games in a row....