Jotnebane

Eastons secret tech vs Thresher in US nationals

Nah, Botts and farmers kicked.

Easten played Honour, Marbles, o.Harmony, Brick, Flint & Tower.

So I guess tooling up Honour was a central part of his secret tech, but somehow  nathing came of it.
Super Strat on Honour just seemed like such a waste of INF in that situation even if he got her out of Treshers threat range.

Can't say I remember what it was, but I could almost swear he talked about it in a podcast shortly afterwards, most likely Strictly the Worst or Singled Out, considering what I was listening to back then, so maybe look at their older casts and find their 'post Worlds Easten interview' itterations and see if there's anything there?

The idea was to kick, tool up honour, sup strat (for the double move if needed to reach thresher) and legendary to have honour go last and attack thresher, win initiative and finish him off start turn 2.

Alex decided to kick, i still went ahead with it but left honour in cover thinking that she wouldnt die and itd be close for initiative roll (if i remember it was) and he won it and killed her without tooled up. Had he lost it i think she'd have killed thresher which would have changed the game. I may have positioned a model too aggresively which allowed him to come in on it but cant remember.

Id have to review the video but that was the plan. With the changes to farmers they arent quite as efficient or scary and controlling harvest markers is a bigger deal. Also this tactic should work....i havent played this match up with masons in a while but my initial thoughts were about whether brick was a good choice or not, this may have changed as they now have to buy 3"...there is even an argument for wrecker for this match up to remove harvest markers.

You could run that 6, swap flint for harmony (linked activation can be so strong) or try some jank like wrecker, flint, mist, tower, honour, harmony

It makes sense. I’ve had similar games myself. I’ve fed him Brick, used super strat on Mallet to get last activation, do some damage and build momentum only to loose initiative and see Thresher spend his inf and then retreat back into his protective cage. Had I won initiative things would have been different. 

I haven’t played Thresher with the game plan deck but I guess with a lucky draw you can plan much better for two activations in a row if he overextendes.