Sign in to follow this  
ObviouslyDexter

Where does vSiren fit in?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

As a new fish player I have all of the fishermen except for vSiren. I haven't heard anything really good about her post update. I feel like she got robbed of her role in a scrum with corsair. I realise her "dread gaze" is a good ability. But if you're playing into a team where it would be relevant (against another team that wants to smack you) wouldn't it just be easier to just shark it up?

So with regards to corsair: I feel like vSiren just doesn't bring enough to the table. Where do you guys fit her into your matchups? Do you feel like she brings enough to the team to justify taking?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ObviouslyDexter

I've found she doesn't really seem to have a place. She has some good abilities, Dread Gaze, Shadow Like and Escaping Fate all seem really nice but oSiren just seems to be better in utility pretty much every time. But I'm following with interest and hoping there's something I'm missing with her veteran version. 

Veteran Siren has been firmly in my 6 lately. I find her indispensable mainly because without her I'd only be able to field 5 players!

13 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Veteran Siren has been firmly in my 6 lately. I find her indispensable mainly because without her I'd only be able to field 5 players!

Well.. That could be a situation where I'd add her too. 

31 minutes ago, Furnace said:

Well.. That could be a situation where I'd add her too. 

Its the only situation where you'd add her. Bit like the Spigot problem. If original Siren didnt exist vet siren would get more use. I think she also suffers a bit from the vet gutter problem. She isnt very exciting.

4 hours ago, Selfy said:

Its the only situation where you'd add her. Bit like the Spigot problem. If original Siren didnt exist vet siren would get more use. I think she also suffers a bit from the vet gutter problem. She isnt very exciting.

vGutter at least brings things to the table that the Butcher's can use, vSiren no longer brings anything the Fish really need.

Dread Gaze was good before the nerf as it helped get around her mediocre defences and HP in a fight, however without the ability to decent damage any more Dread Gaze has very little value because she has absolutely no reason to be in a fight to begin with.

Shadow Like is nice but once again if she has nowhere she needs to be getting there quickly makes no damn difference

I'm ok with the idea that the Fish should not have easy access to damage, but vSiren really needed something else sticking on the front of her card to make up for what was taken away, something anti-damage like a short range play that does [-1] DMG to target opponent attacks until the end of turn.

Before losing access to A&G I've had tremendous success with VSiren after her changes. 1/2 influence to apply dread gaze in a guild that has access to blind/multiple tough hide models/easy to apply crowd-outs is simply amazing.

Fish losing access to A&G is huge however, and i'm definitely going to slot OSiren into a lot more match ups, I would still play VSiren into Union/Butchers/Brewers/Masons, but i'm not entirely sure where she fits against the rest.

Pretty sure it goes without saying but she is next to useless with Shark due to his playstyle leading to spreading out and diminishing Dread Gaze/tackle on 3 with 4 tac being pretty useless.