Elkton

Brand New Guild Ball Manager for Android, iOS coming soon!

arghhh not keeps phone screen on, after few minutes screen is off and after few more app manager closes app so singleplayer goes to hell (lost hp tracking etc).

It will be nice to have mini stats on player lists (not to open full card to see for example def and arm)

6 hours ago, elmo said:

arghhh not keeps phone screen on, after few minutes screen is off and after few more app manager closes app so singleplayer goes to hell (lost hp tracking etc).

It will be nice to have mini stats on player lists (not to open full card to see for example def and arm)

Change your phones screen time out settings. 

Were you playing single player or linked? I found a bug today that is affecting some single player games. I should have a patch out tomorrow

1 hour ago, Elkton said:

Were you playing single player or linked? I found a bug today that is affecting some single player games. I should have a patch out tomorrow

We were playing linked. It did it to my app first then my opponent that posted above. The short amount of time when it was working in our game, his health totals were not changing on my app. The game I'd were 2824 and 2825 if that helps you in any way.

That's bizarre. Did you resume the game after getting a crash or did you start a new game? Was there an internet connection there? Did you both have the latest version?

All 3 of us had the latest version (My son's wouldn't work either). We tried rejoining the game and the rejoin button was non-functional. My son tried a single player game and it wouldn't work either. We were not connected to wifi but the 4G connection is strong there and the system worked fine last week.

Using an iPad Pro.

1. One issue I have (and it may be the user ;-), is switching back and forth between the game clock and cards. This also seems to reset the clock.Is there functionality that can be added so that you don't have to rejoin the game each time you switch from clock to game? Maybe an "end turn" button that would set the clock over to the other player?

2. Again, possibly user error. Last night's game is still running. Is there an "end-game" switch/button, or what about setting the game up for a specific number of points to be reached?

3. I second the idea of mini stats showing in the basic view (ala WarRoom), so the card doesn't have to be opened just to view speed, TAC, etc.

Good work!

Cheers,

James

I consider momentem tracking to be something that should be marked on the field like conditions. That's why it isn't there. 

1. Currently you cant really do click management and life tracking at the same time. Its something I've thought about for after s4. 

2. Network games never die. Go out and have dinner and come back and you can pick back up. 

3. Rotate your device to landscape mode to see the cards and players at the same time. Works best in tablets but doesn't everything?

1 hour ago, Elkton said:

I consider momentem tracking to be something that should be marked on the field like conditions. That's why it isn't there. 

I disagree, what could be easier than seeing how much momentum your opponent has than by viewing it on your screen?  Of course, all you have to do is ask, and that's what I do now. But, if we're going down the tech route, then my opinion is that it should be implemented. 

Edit: I suspect you think I'm referring to influence?

Buddy and I used it for the first time yesterday.

Pros:
Easy to setup and game.
Seeing your opponent's health was major plus. Sped up our game a lot.
Having your opponent's team set up by them and not having to manually enter their team was also very nice.

Cons:
No was of marking a model has having been activated.
No condition options.
The text all being black.

Adding in activation, conditions and breaking up the monochrome scheme a bit so information is more clearly communicated would make this app the bees knees.

I have been using the app as much as I can since the "Night of the Disastrous Failures".  No real problems since other than the occasional crash. I use an IPad mini or my Galaxy S8 phone and am finding it frustrating to click on my opponent's players to see their cards, even on the tablet. Is there a way to increase the size of those buttons?  I really am getting hooked on using the app. I hate that I don't have unlimited battery life.

Oh, I second on the momentum tracking. When my opponent uses one of the scoreboards the momentum is hard to see.

Glad it's working better for you. Just curious are you using the app in landscape or portrait mode? I've got a rework of the interface on the roadmap so that's coming soon hopefully. It's one of the bigger tasks I have in front of me. 

On another subject. The OPD says that conditions should be marked on the physical game board. That's why there isn't condition tracking currently in the app. Marking someone as activated is interesting. I'll give that one some thought. 

2 hours ago, Elkton said:

Glad it's working better for you. Just curious are you using the app in landscape or portrait mode? I've got a rework of the interface on the roadmap so that's coming soon hopefully. It's one of the bigger tasks I have in front of me. 

On another subject. The OPD says that conditions should be marked on the physical game board. That's why there isn't condition tracking currently in the app. Marking someone as activated is interesting. I'll give that one some thought. 

Ben, agree conditions must be on table but it would be SUPER useful to be able to auto apply ALL condition damage at the end of the turn.

5 hours ago, Elkton said:

I have done both but even on portrait mode the opponent player links are very narrow.  Or maybe my fingers are under-pointy.

Hi @Elkton I love GB Manager but I have found a small problem for me...

In my play store there is no Internet connection and I would like to use your application on a site where there is no Internet connection would be this possible?

Because the mode offline requires internet anyway 

Thank you very much and thanks for the app.

17 hours ago, Dan Pratt said:

I am unable to add myself to the world map, is anyone else having a similar issue?

I was just coming on to say this. Clicking the button just doesn't do anything. Have uninstalled and re-installed today but no joy.