Furnace

vMinx card shown

On 4/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, Mistergone said:

Random thought: how much does vMinx help when playing into Corsair?

Still feels the same honestly, but I  think she has some play into Corsair. Corsair hates to see def 5 when needing to drag a model, and her flat 2 dmg traps are nice into tough hide. That said, her game is to run up and jam so you can charge into models she is engaging. You dont want to enter a Corsair scrum, so at that point she can be a liability. I'd take her into Corsair though, the speed and 2" reach are pretty useful overall.

The more I look at Vet Minx's card, the.more impressed I am. With Skatha you can pop her legendary then send in Minx to land her 2 dmg reliably for chip damage and push the model into her three traps for a solid 8-10 damage. Hell, I'll make Ulfr shine even more with her (he's my sexy, unsynergistic beast).

Maybe someone else mentioned this, didnt read. Set up vminx charge aura thing early, make some use of it or bluff, use midnight offering (and/or snowball) to reposition her near new targets for continued later turn cheap charges and extra distance.

A lot to be made of her combat support as marked for death seems really strong.

However just stats-wise that speed, mom dodge on 1 with 2" melee, great defence, and good kick makes her so flexible, so if you don't reckon running into corsair/grange etc. is the best idea, no need, she can football better than most on the team.

I really enjoyed Theron and oMinx snaring everyone around while Egret posioned all

Neither Chaska, nor Hearne or Zarola are as goo at snaring like oMinx. While Skatha is too situational with her snare depending on clustered enemies.

We still have good options for Snared in guild, Theron, Jaecar, Chaska, Zarola can all reliably snare a model. While vMinx doesn't off Hunters prey, which I agree is a big loss she does enable the whole team MfD, rather then just up Fahad & Seenah. 

Snared is counted in every Hunter playbook, so it helps all the players, not just the additional damage ones. (As it would equally help if not factored in by design.)

Sure you can put out with Theron, but his output much better when it's already there.

Loosing the second best Snared source is count. She might be up for it, but she is not a straight upgrade from the original. 

Her role is similar, but her use is really different. 

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

Snared is counted into every Hunters playbook, huh? How did you work that one out, I 100% disagree with that. 

Egret Tac4 T on 2nd - she is the striker

Jaecar has 2 damage on 2nd to 4th columns - he is the damage dealer. Even with anatomical and tac6, you can't count on pushdodge before some -def application.

All our models are significantly better against below average def. You can KD with Theron or oHearne. Etc.

7 minutes ago, Bbzs said:

Jaecar has 2 damage on 2nd to 4th columns - he is the damage dealer. Even with anatomical and tac6, you can't count on pushdodge before some -def application.

All our models are significantly better against below average def. You can KD with Theron or oHearne. Etc.

Pretty much every model in the game will get more out of their playbook when their target has a lower DEF.

I think that it's pretty clear that Hunters 1.0 were designed around the Snare condition. A lot of their abilities are further down the playbook, or seem to be weak compared to other factions without Snare. This design was changed a little in Hunters 2.0 (Theron, Hearne1, MInx2) because SFG FINALLY realised it was really dumb. Given that Snare can be removed with momentum, it was unreliable. Look at Seenah - supposedly the Big Bad Bear. If the target isn't Snared, Seenah is rubbish (don't even try to tell me about your magic dice rolls blah balh, against a 4/1 model Seenah is rubbish - she gets maybe column 5 if she is lucky on the charge and afterwards is bobbins - and cost 4 INF). I hope in Season 4 SFG will fix the Hunters reliance on Snared and treat it as it should be: a Brucey Bonus not a gameplan. 

15 minutes ago, Bbzs said:

This is a weird argument, Decimate has TAC6 with anything but 2 damage on 5, Greyscales has Tac5 with a T on 2...

Every single model in the game does better against a model with less DEF no? Egret doesn't have hugely reliable T and you really need to charge to hit it, the whole Jaecar point seems totally off. 

Only Fahad & Seenah really "require" snared to put out a lot of damage.  

2 hours ago, Bbzs said:

As it would equally help if not factored in by design.

This is where I meant to other teams.

Grayscales - the plus 1 Tac makes more likely to hit 2nd column then not. On a 2" meele.

Direct measurements between players will off as you have to consider the teams too.

If you feel that Snared is not a baseline design element for Hunters thats fine. To be ontopic again, vMinx mught be the one who change that. 

And again, she was designed with the two Falconers players, so we only see half the picture yet.

I had my first vMinx game earlier this week and was pretty impressed. Even though she brings influence efficiency to our other players, she is not close to being as influence efficient as her previous version. I was told that as long as you get 2 charges off with Marked for Death it’s basically the same thing, but getting 2 charges off on models that are engaged by Minx every turn seems does not seem likely. You can make it happen once a game I think, but every turn isn’t happening. Jaecar made it pretty easy to ensure I at least got one charge a turn though and that seems like enough to justify spending a momentum to use the play. 

I used Theron, Egret, and vHearne to spread out damage from range early, which kept her at a 5/1 defensive stat line the entire game. I think she got knocked down once and then took 1 damage, but I don’t think my opponent attempted another attack after that and instead focused on Hearne and Theron. 

I still need to get used to allocating influence each turn while not having 2 Furious models on the board, but that seems worth it for what she brought to the table. Obviously still need to play her more, but I might consider dropping Hearne from a line up before dropping vMinx at this point. That could be new model excitement talking but we’ll see. 

Hunters, more than any other guild, rely on hitting the very top of their playbooks and wrapping in order to deal damage, while other results like Tackles are much higher on those playbooks than they'd be in other guilds as well.

But I think vMinx does more to overcome this problem by just being herself an exceptional model who doesn't rely on anything previous hunters have relied on.

We are the only guild without a player that tackles on one (I didn't include mascots), and majority of guilds have more than one, hence why we struggle with ball retrieval. VMinx does help with this allowing strikers to charge for one and get the tackle easier.