Furnace

vMinx card shown

16 minutes ago, landstander said:

Whom does she replace? I don't play Hunters (yet) so I don't have a good feel for the team make-up.

For now I'll replace Egret with her. Never really had much success with her for some reason. 1“ linear goal threat and her ranged plays are an acceptable price for what she brings.

31 minutes ago, landstander said:

Whom does she replace? I don't play Hunters (yet) so I don't have a good feel for the team make-up.

I would safely say she replaces Minx.  Also, I must be the only player who likes Ulfr. I love/hate him because of his synergies, but he's one of my top scoring models.

It's a good thing I did not post after my initial hot take, because I could not focus past the fact she lost furious and couldn't snare. After accepting the fact that she is not in fact regular Minx, I am really impressed with her abilities. She looks to work well with both captains. Her and Jaecar are gonna be best friends.

Hot take from a bad skatha player:

Vminx seems very solid. Good football stats, good brawler tricks. Can battery or do the goal run, probably wouldn't stack her up for damage dealing.

Loss of hunters prey hurts, we live for snared to hit those 2 column tackles and set up the bear. Loss of btts is sad, but her role isn't hit and run any more. No furious eats into inf and mom generation but gives back with marked for death - takes a bit more finesse I guess.

Doesn't do much for ulfr (epic sad-face).

But...

BOTS on a fast chassis is great for skathas team. Doesn't do anything for skatha herself byond las light, but having both on the team is great. [Edit] At first I didn't think egret benefited much, but vminx is likely to be able to keep up with archer girl where vhearne doesn't, and a 1 mom flurry saving 2 inf per turn could be really nice, especially on teams with the bear. Flurry damage in turn really helps vminx. 

Marked for death + gang up is great for jaecar, and also the hearnes. Pretty interested in the application for vhearne - this + nature's chill (+ rough ground if the moon is blue) makes him RAPID. The inf reduction seems like it could skirt the 2/3 issue on his eclipse goal run... not holding my breath

Doesnt do huge amounts for Fahad and seenha, but both like the extra distance and gang up. Multiple traps could help get the bear hug kill if seenha wraps by 1.

Chaska and minx = BFF. Realistic quad boom box in skatha team, traps every where area denial, 11" threat surprise chaska charge with some momentous playbook push damage from combined traps, and 5/2 defence on minx. Sex.

At 5/2 there's a tiny chance she might not get immediatly kd and snow could save her. Better things to put anatomical on though.

Skatha, fahad, zarola, vminx = 4 lady team of 5+ def (hate you tater)

Egret doesn't pull enough weight to justify herself, vMinx handily replaces her in a takeout, scoring, and mix lineup. She can't replace Where'd They Go because it's just too valuable if it makes the pitch. It's just a shame you can't take Where'd They Go without Ulfr.

In a pure scoring Skatha lineup, you probably won't hate having both vMinx and Egret, especially because neither have had their MOV nerfed for Skatha's fast-ground. But accessing the Quad-Box dream in Skatha is really, really cool so that should show she doesn't just contribute to one strategy either way, which to my mind is gonna make her a staple of most 6's.

She seems a little bit overtuned actually. Her internal synergy is amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if she stands in cover against a bunch of people and ruins whole games, and then all those people start complaining.

It is hard to see a reason to bench her. Her raw stats and playbook are great. And her rules only add flavor and power. I weirdly think Fahad is a much stronger mascot now too (and why she probably doesn't cause snare). Excited to see her hit the table. 

It's interesting that most people seem to be replacing Egret with vMinx in their rosters, my first reaction was that the pair of them work amazingly together.. 

"Flurry" and "Snap Fire" can safely turn on vMinx' defensive tech at range turn 1 and then "Marked for Death" boosts Egrets mobility and potential ball stealing / goal scoring later on..

I can't wait to try and try them out along side Theron, oHearne and Chaska for rediculous Sun Father shinanigans.. 

28 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

It's interesting that most people seem to be replacing Egret with vMinx in their rosters, my first reaction was that the pair of them work amazingly together.. 

"Flurry" and "Snap Fire" can safely turn on vMinx' defensive tech at range turn 1 and then "Marked for Death" boosts Egrets mobility and potential ball stealing / goal scoring later on..

I can't wait to try and try them out along side Theron, oHearne and Chaska for rediculous Sun Father shinanigans.. 

They do, but VetMinx pairs well with just about anyone (Seenah, Fahad and Ulfr less so but still well enough). Egrets goal threat is just covered well enough by VetMinx with a imo better tackle and just 1“ less threat range.

I do like her with Egret but my first line up is going to be Theron, Fahad, Hearne1, Jaecar , Zarola, Minx2. That covers kick and receive and has all the good shit a growing Hunter player needs. 

Amusingly Minx2 highlights all the problems with Ulfr. Hunters are team players, seeking a target and wrecking it together. Ulfr is literally the opposite. He is so anti-hunter design it’s amazing he was released. He’a Benched until SFG sort him out. But since he’s ‘working as intended’ apparently he’s probably never coming back. I love WTG - but on him it’s wasted. 

2 hours ago, Mo11usq said:

Chaska and minx = BFF. Realistic quad boom box in skatha team, traps every where area denial, 11" threat surprise chaska charge with some momentous playbook push damage from combined traps, and 5/2 defence on minx. Sex.

I was thinking this exact thing- that Chaska gets the most out of vMinx.  Tough Skin is a good Play- it’s just not usually worth giving up a Boom Box.

Now he can charge, wrap his Brewer’s playbook for damage or maybe a KD. Get off 2-3 BB’s. And still use TS with the leftover influence. Oh, and set off a bunch of his and Minx’s traps in the process.  

3 hours ago, The Glorious One said:

I almost think she might replace Egret, unfortunately.

She will for me. 

Falconers come out a month after Exiles, right?  So we've only got a month where v.Minx doesn't just straight replace o.Minx in a roster.  Bring both Minx's for that month?

With this rithm of spoilers we will see the Falconers when she arrives. Until then it's too early to figure out the new lineups.

Naturally she will replace oMinx in the rooster. And if I can let go oMinx, then I truly like what she bring on the table. 

Finally a useful striker (nonsense to call her a damage dealer) in Hunters! Who also happens to be a setup piece.

Both of our captains will like her. 

I'm only sad because of the bear. Can't see a way to field her, but she is the centerpiece what bringed me in Hunters.

Hot take afterglow:

Keep appreciating synergies with vHearne.

Not a genius realisation, Theron players have enjoyed it for ages, but Last Light and BOTS in the same team allow more flexible blessing spread. I found vHearne (and theoretically oHearne) too slow to keep up with Skatha and Egret to assist their plays. vMinx can do that upfield role, whilst vHearne can continue spread the love in the backfield with his pal Chaska - either or both thundering forward for a cheap longbomb charge if required.

I always felt I had to get those 2 inf character plays, and last light is just a backbreaking way to do it. As someone else probably mentioned, vMinx now lets him chuck around his skewed for 1 momentum already paid for (efficient), like what makes oHearne tasty, but on top of the fabled 2/3 inf he brings to the team. Throw it in before beating on the target and now we are starting to unlock that mom double push (potentially with up to 6 trap damage ignoring tough hide) and maybe mom 3 after KD or if theres a gang up e.g. from a certain other 2" melee model. With a stack of inf vHearne could legitimatly do some finishing, jaecar obviously better, but hey options.

I have found the biggest issues Skatha has is 1) getting that bloody ball with most of the team tac 5, tackle on 2, and 2) surviving in the centre where captain snow queen likes to be and no other hunter does. vHearne thinks he does, but goes down like a sack of shit to anyone who wants some. I see vMinx bringing a bit more solidity to the centre (not that much lets be fair), taking some of the heat off vHearne and presenting two 2" melees to get around. More importantly, used aggresively those overlapping melees help reach play book results we want with less conviluted set up. With the bear, we can now have THREE on a team!!! I hear it works for Fish. 

Skatha, Fahad, vHearne, vMinx, Chaska, Seenha

Not taking Jaecar or Zarola seems ungood, but I reckon losing would be fun!

4 hours ago, Mistergone said:

I was thinking this exact thing- that Chaska gets the most out of vMinx.  Tough Skin is a good Play- it’s just not usually worth giving up a Boom Box.

Now he can charge, wrap his Brewer’s playbook for damage or maybe a KD. Get off 2-3 BB’s. And still use TS with the leftover influence. Oh, and set off a bunch of his and Minx’s traps in the process.  

How does he achieve all this w/ 4 INF?

Just checking to verify, but if she drops all three traps around an opposing model and that model moves within 1" of all three, then that model will take 6 damage, right?

37 minutes ago, landstander said:

How does he achieve all this w/ 4 INF?

Charge: 1 INF (Marked for Death)

Tough Skin: 1 INF

1st Boom Box: 2 INF

2nd Boom Box: BotSF

3rd Boom Box: Last Light

2 hours ago, Mistergone said:

Charge: 1 INF (Marked for Death)

Tough Skin: 1 INF

1st Boom Box: 2 INF

2nd Boom Box: BotSF

3rd Boom Box: Last Light

:blink: that is sexy! Pretty much means he has to go very late in the round, so the opponent can attempt to disrupt it. But even if they start trying to, you can see it coming and just make your move early.

Love this model, definitely replaces oMinx for me. Think she's going to be a mid-turn piece who wants to get into an already activated model to generate some momentum, drop a trap, and activate Marked for Death. At that point, even if the opponent spends influence pushing her out of engagement, that's an activation spent responding to threats rather than pursuing a goal more directly related to winning.

Before testing her, she seems like she'll play in almost every game since she fits into almost any style and synergizes well with both captains. She seems like a good alternative to Ulfr, who definitely doesn't work very smoothly even if I like him, and makes me more interested in trying out Chaska. Could see a fun list being Skatha, Fahad, vMinx, Zarola, Jaecar, vHearne. Focus on chasing the ball but be able to switch gears for take outs at a moment's notice.

I'll miss dodging while damaging while causing snared

I'll miss how liquid hunters could be with 3 back to shadows models that dodge each time when they hurt

I welcome another 2'' melee in our team
I welcome opportunity to be able to make gaming pitch very hostile with up to 7 traps

Proxied her last night.

I lived the dream today. with 2 INF on Chaska, I got off 1 charge, 1 attack and 2 boom boxes. It was glorious. 

I already loved Chaska, but he is now even BETTER now. 

Her survivability is great. She can be 5-2 or 6-1 pretty much against everyone. The traps are just great too. That 2 damage is really helpful for keeping people on their toes and making sure that they are damaged. 

Her personal damage output isn't that spectacular, but she has so much utility that it doesn't really matter. 

She's lacking snared, and, in fact, with the list I ran, I wasn't covering the field in snares like I can with other lists. That was definitely something I felt, but the one or two models I kept it on, I shredded. 

I took Theron, VHearne, Chaska, Jaecar, Fahad and VMinx, just to see how many traps I could throw down. It was very obnoxious, which is the Hunters way! 

Everyone behold! The elusive double post in a single post!

As much as I want to proxy Vet Minx, I cannot as I want to get in as many games as possible with regular Minx as we will soon lose her.

I will definitely miss oMinx.  She was very INF efficient, and could get a lot of work done with minimal investment - free change, snared, back to the shadows, MOM results, and she was fast.  She is very popular in our Meta.  She always made my Hunter lists.

With that said, I am looking forward to playing with vMinx - 2" melee, more traps, fast, BotSF.  

Here is the list that I am thinking about:  Theron, Fahad, vMinx, oHearne, Bear, Jaecar,  

I will try Chaska in the list, but normally I left him off as he was very INF hungry, and normally did not generate a lot of MOM.  When his Boom Box missed, it is a sad turn.