Furnace

vMinx card shown

Some quick thoughts:

1. She increases the efficiency and Threat range of your team

2. She can be a PITA as her traps make her 5/1 and she can always pop one for free to make taking her on a nightmare

3. She is good as a striker - T on 2 with 2" and Dodges everywhere is excellent.

4. She is yet another Blessing model so effectively her INF is 4/4 - oh and Marked for Death is basically Free. Insane.

5. She can stab people up nicely with /4 INF and easy 2 DMG.

6. She is still super fast - 11" Threat means she and Jaecar will be zooming around the board.

7. Her Kick Off Pressure is Excellent - once she is in your lines, even if she is KD her Marked for Death still works - meaning if you don't push her or take her out (5/1 remember) all of the Hunters just got a huge SPD buff. Add in Zarola for a free Jog and Theron could be hitting your opponent with FULL 6 INF on turn 1 if you wanted. That is...insane.

8. Her Traps are DMG buffs - basically +2 DMG to anyone with a Push...which is a LOT of hunters.

Her pdf is over in the previews section, for those wanting to print her out easily and get proxying :)

11 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

7. Her Kick Off Pressure is Excellent - once she is in your lines, even if she is KD her Marked for Death still works - meaning if you don't push her or take her out (5/1 remember) all of the Hunters just got a huge SPD buff.

Is this correct?  I thought if you were knocked down you no longer had a melee zone.  As Marked for Death is range "S" I was taking that to mean it is on VMinx and then would apply to anyone in her melee zone that another player declared charges on?  It wouldn't work therefore if she was knocked down with no melee zone.

Or is the play 'put Marked for Death on enemy in VMInx's melee zone' and then anyone that charges that one model gets the bonus?

I think she might be a lot better than she appears, and she doesn't appear half bad.

I really don't like that her playbook doesn't include a GB + anything, it falls directly in line with the Hunter's reliance on the top of the playbook and wrapping to deal any damage, so I don't have much faith in her damage output. A momentous 2 on 2 is the most reachable damage result in all of the Hunter's guild though, so she's definitely got a better deal than we have thus far. Thankfully her traps don't care about tough hide.

She's got some cool tricks, just being a 7/9 with a 2" Melee and above average Kick immediately puts her ahead of the pack when it comes to Hunters who also deal a lot of chip damage so it's reasonable to assume that most cases she'll be a 5-1. Does Heightened Senses also affect charges and AOE's? 3 Blessings on a lineup feels like it can really free up your influence allocation fast, especially cause her influence hasn't taken a hit for it.

She doesn't replace oMinx though, or rather they do different things and I'm gonna miss the 13+" Charges + Back to the Shadows when the Falconers come out.

I think she's a few "holy shit's" shy of an auto-include, but I'm super excited to try her, and get my hands on that GORGEOUS model.

I dont think you'll fire the GB result very often though - BotSF means she can just cast Marked for Death for free and concentrate on DMG. And place a free trap. It's super situational you'll want more traps in one activation I think.

6 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I dont think you'll fire the GB result very often though - BotSF means she can just cast Marked for Death for free and concentrate on DMG. And place a free trap. It's super situational you'll want more traps in one activation I think.

I didn't realize she places one for free, I thought her only method to place them was her character play. That's significantly better!

Wanting to use her own blessing most of the time does make it feel a little less impactful. Hag's Talisman would almost be stronger. On the other hand, she does get a really good effect out of it.

On the other other, she doesn't threaten anything real on parting blows, taking a trap + M2 isn't fun, but it's preferable to Jaecar charging for 1 Influence from 12"-14" away. And she won't be tying down Shadowlike models anytime soon.

Still, it feels awesome to FINALLY have a model who can hunt down those Unpredictable Movement fuckers!

What does she bring to a Skatha led team? I feel like she almost becomes auto-include- what with her 2”, low tackle, kick, 7”/9”, and Blessing.

Pity that she has little synergy with Ulfr... Marked for Death negates Lone Hunter 

Charges still involve attacks and AoEs that require TN tests are usually still character plays, so Heightened Senses applies to both.

To be honest, she pretty much is an auto-include for me. She is indeed different from oMinx, but provides all I hoped for and more. I expected Furious, but cheaper and longer charges for everyone else is much prefereable to me.

31 minutes ago, Keel said:

Charges still involve attacks and AoEs that require TN tests are usually still character plays, so Heightened Senses applies to both.

To be honest, she pretty much is an auto-include for me. She is indeed different from oMinx, but provides all I hoped for and more. I expected Furious, but cheaper and longer charges for everyone else is much prefereable to me.

Furious-lite for all! :)

She's definitely in the 6 I think. She does a lot, and can multi-class.

And fuck Ulfr - he's such a poorly designed model he needs a redo. He's out. Egret is my off-striker, and she and Minx2 will squabble for their position.

36 minutes ago, Mistergone said:

Pity that she has little synergy with Ulfr... Marked for Death negates Lone Hunter 

It takes some planning but it does work with Ulfr. If vMinx is 2" away on one side and Ulfr is 1" away on the other side, as the smallest base is more than 1" they can engage the same model but Ulfr would be outwith 4".

33 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

And fuck Ulfr - he's such a poorly designed model he needs a redo.

Oh, I’m in full agreement. I haven’t even taken the time to assemble him.

It’s just ironic that the player who could arguably benefit the most from Marked for Death sees it negated (in all but corner cases) by an effective -2 TAC penalty.  

Losing Hunter's Prey definitely hurts. One less model to snare, less snare makes the playbooks even weaker.

But she looks like the first model in the Hunters who has a playbook designed without the assumption that her target will be snared.

I think her very existence makes vHearne a much more viable option. 

You can live the chaska dream without having to The Ron also.

(Though now oHearne can get even MORE work done with just one INF)

I love her so much ;o

5 minutes ago, landstander said:

Whom does she replace? I don't play Hunters (yet) so I don't have a good feel for the team make-up.

Hard to say, but she will replace at least Ulfr, if he ever made it to into any 10