Sign in to follow this  
alopex

Football Derwish sequence

I watched the SFG game of Farmers against Rats. A certain moment JamieP played Football derwish. The momentum spending was not clear to me.

How I understood the sequence goes (and the momentum needed):

1. Bonesaw passes succesful to Piper (costs no MOM, gains 1 MOM)
2. Bonesaw does Give n Go (4" dodge) (costs 1 MOM, gains no MOM)
3. Bonesaw activates Football derwish (costs no MOM, gains no MOM)
4. Due to Football derwish, Piper passes back succesfully (costs 1 MOM, gains 1 MOM)
5. Bonesaw does Pass and move (4" dodge) (costs 1 MOM, gains no MOM)
6. Bonesaw continues his activation

In the game however I had the impression that step 2 was done without paying momentum. Did I misunderstood something in my sequence ? Please correct me.

Thx

Yes, you are correct: with all the talking going on, they didn't spend the momentum for the Pass with Football Dervish. Basically, the whole goal run was impossible there, cause the Ratcatchers didn't have enough momentum at that time.

Doing the double dodges for bonesaw has a net cost of one momentum after everything. So to do the double dodge, you need a momentum up before you start meaning bonesaw goal run costs your 2 momentum.

hope that makes sense

Only time that changes is with the showboating gameplan (which I always try to take if I’m using bonesaw).

That makes it: 

Bonesaw passes to someone (+1 MOM), uses give and go (0 MOM), uses football dervish to force the pass back (-1 MOM), receives the pass (+1 MOM) and uses pass and move (0 MOM), then carries on with his run stocked up with enough MOM for a shot on goal.