Sign in to follow this  
Jamie P

Veteran Minx Speculation Thread

Almost 24 hours until the Hunter's Guild get their exile! But what will she be like? What will her traps do?

FYI, they're called 'jawbone' traps :)

I am thinking she will have lost Hunters Prey since she can now lay traps. The traps I think will basically be the same as Chaska. 

I am hoping she is still as quick, maybe now with light footed, furious and 2" melee, playbook probably staying similar to the original but losing her character plays for a new one. 

I am looking forward to this model sooooo much.

Hmm, thinking what's in the name "jawbone trap" - do they trigger pushes, as people caught in the trap call for the teammates to save them?  (Thinking of that scene in Predators with Danny Trejo)

And yes, looking forward to seeing the reveal on this Vet. the most :)

Ooh ooh ooh can I make a guess?

Or does me having just set up the thread to show the card tomorrow  (after the blog reveal) mean it’s cheating? :D

1 hour ago, Jamie P said:

Almost 24 hours until the Hunter's Guild get their exile! But what will she be like? What will her traps do?

FYI, they're called 'jawbone' traps :)

Snared/Poison? Snared/Disease? Or maybe Snared + additional -1Spd?

I'm really looking forward to vMinx! I hope she brings enough INF efficiency via Furious etc...

9 minutes ago, Mako said:

Or does me having just set up the thread to show the card tomorrow  (after the blog reveal) mean it’s cheating? :D

I think the fact Jamie has liked this, and not commented shows its not cheating. Go ahead and make a guess;).

I imagine she will lose furious and gain some character play.

It is possible the traps won't snare, but instead do something like hobble, but that would feel strange.

2 hours ago, Mako said:

It's only cheating if the administrator finds out about it. ;)

My guesses would be, 6/8 speed with 2" reach, TAC 5 and anatomical.

My hot speculation for the traps would be snare and apply isolated target on the model. 

13 minutes ago, Anudem said:

My guesses would be, 6/8 speed with 2" reach, TAC 5 and anatomical

and back to the shadows ;-)

Sysd

Might be just my mind set or it might be 2am but jawbone sounds like a quite robust trap. Once this trap gets a hold of you its not going to let go. Maybe it might knock you down. Or it might add another -?"/-?" to your move including snare. Another thing I feel if it does snare you, she isnt going to have hunters prey, and if it has another effect that isnt snare,  she will have hunters prey. 

Made up VMinx brainstorm:

TAC5

SPD 7/9, 2" melee

DEF 4 / ARM0

KICK 2/6"

12HP

INF 2/3

Playbook:

1: :1: / M:D:

2: :T: / M:1::D:

3: M:2:

4: M:2::DD:

5: :GBGB: / M:3::DD:

Character Plays:

Skewered

Butchery

Traits:

Back to the Shadows

Vindictive [Snared]

Traps - standard place / trigger conditions. When triggered, Minx can use a character play or Attack against the target without paying costs (if in range)

5 hours ago, EpicChris said:

I think she will gain something like Blessing of the Sun Father - I mean she does have Hearne's spear...

It doesn't look like she does anymore, Hearne's spear was a wide double edged blade, both ends of her Glaive have a single edged blade affixed.

After seeing vDecimate, I'm just really hoping she's comparably exciting.

I think she goes 7/9 with 2", looses furious but will be a 2/4 inf. I'm thinking she keeps hunters mark and screaming banshee. Looses marked target for a CP that allows here to put out extra traps/move traps around. The rest is all gravy really.

My hope is speed 6”/8” with 2” melee, Furious, and 2/X influence. Anything beyond that is bonus in my opinion. 

I’m also guessing she could get a character play or heroic play that is similar to Blessing of the Sunfather/Last Light since it’s been hinted that she is the next Scion. I’d love her to keep Back to the Shadows but I doubt we get that lucky. 

5 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

The Brewers got Lucky

He also plays for the Masons.

I wouldn’t want that Lucky for Hunters. Back to the Shadows Lucky I’d take though. 

7 hours ago, Cincinnati GBC said:

I wouldn’t want that Lucky for Hunters. Back to the Shadows Lucky I’d take though. 

You know this makes me feel like SFG should release a single model for ALL guilds (SAME sculpt) with 10 different cards to represent that Guild (so Jeff has a Mortician card, a Hunter Card, a Butcher card etc - like some sort of Rookie that gets passed around). That would be hilarious/amazing/bonkers <delete as appropriate>. Could be a real screw up player that just gets passed around the guilds or maybe like a fan boy who swaps allegiance with Guilds and pretends to play GB on the pitch sidelines.