IHatethePuppy

When to vet graves?

I would not be surprised if its just the bias I developed playing morticians but I cannot legitimately see a reason as to when we'd take him in a line up. I understand knocking down someone who is diseased is pretty spicy but its not enough to be exciting to me. Thanks for any insight!

vGraves comes every time for me unless I really need Skulk to shut someone down.

My usual 6 is Piper Squeak Pelage Miasma Scourge and vGraves/Skulk.

I find his 2" melee, access to Bleed, Gravedigger and KD (with some help) to be the main draws. The back of his card is not to be sniffed at either.

Having played Rats a few times now, what I see Vet Graves as bringing is a couple of things.  Reach is good, KD and bleed are good, but Gravedigger is HUGE.  We need those couple extra VPs IMO.  Plus a tooled up rat for 1 Momentum, that he can bring back at full health and retain any influence you put on it is a big deal at times.

The line up I am finding myself drawn to these days is Piper, Squeak, Pelage, Scourge, vGraves, Skulk.

3, 2" melee is a big deal.  For me I am struggling with why I would bring Miasma.....Salve just doesn't feel like enough, and she is too squishy to get involved with her 2" melee, and her ranged plays don't bring enough to the team per inf spent.

Vet graves actually isn’t terrible. I got forced to run a 6 list at an event recently including him. Pushes, kd, bleed, grave digger is a great kit. Especially when someone like scourge or pelage can follow up.

im struggling to lock into a 6 cause the whole team is so good. I played a lot of bonesaw with morts and got good success, piper turns that up to 11.

4 hours ago, Mantanza said:

Having played Rats a few times now, what I see Vet Graves as bringing is a couple of things.  Reach is good, KD and bleed are good, but Gravedigger is HUGE.  We need those couple extra VPs IMO.  Plus a tooled up rat for 1 Momentum, that he can bring back at full health and retain any influence you put on it is a big deal at times.

The line up I am finding myself drawn to these days is Piper, Squeak, Pelage, Scourge, vGraves, Skulk.

3, 2" melee is a big deal.  For me I am struggling with why I would bring Miasma.....Salve just doesn't feel like enough, and she is too squishy to get involved with her 2" melee, and her ranged plays don't bring enough to the team per inf spent.

Miasma for me is almost essential doing ranged damage with rataclysm and setupping those snack break take outs. I got three take outs with just rataclysm alone in two activations the other night against masons who happened to be pretty clumped when trying to take out pelage. 4 inf for Miasma every time for the first couple of turns just for that double rataclysm :wub:

Miasma also solves scourge getting knocked down/set on fire. 

You clear conditions off him (for free!) then finish with him within 2 to disease him again.

list building with rats is slowly destroying my brain